Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
All DuPont and PPG paint jobbers have the exact original formulas for automotive paints, going way back - maybe 25 years or more. If you know the year and make, such as 1992 Ford white, it can be looked up in the books, where color samples are present. Centari is a DuPont single stage paint, and it has the gloss agent already in there, and doesn't need a clear coat. Most jobbers have spectrophotometers that can "read" the formula for a flat sample, including aging and fading, and spit out a formula in grams that can be mixed to match the current color. Most can also put a small quantity in an aerosol container for you, but some will require you to purchase a minimum of 1 quart. Special order colors, such as ones ordered in large quantities by manufacturers, are called fleet colors, and are not in the regular books. If I were you, I would arrange a visit with one of these jobbers, and take the trailer to him - he will know what to do to get the right color the first time. Hope this helps.

2003 Ford F-350 V-10 Crew Cab 4WD Long Bed
2004 Jayco Designer Medallion 29 RLTS 5th wheel
Bill, Gayle, and Mindi (dachshund)
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods
Yea, I just found out on my own that contacting Jayco is a total waste of time. It amazes me that a company cannot even tell you what the color is. I bought a new 2014 Jayco Eagle $50k TT and I can't even find out the color to touch up the paint/gel-coat. Not even from the Jayco venders. All I got was the runaround. Jayco says I have to contact the vendor direct and the vendor tells me I have to go through Jayco. What a bunch of crap! I think the best idea is to go to a paint shop and get it color matched. I guess I won't be buying another Jayco...

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote