Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #1

Paint color

Hello, I have a 2010 22FB JayFlight, I was wondering if anyone knows what color code or name of the gray that runs along the bottom of the trailer, also where I may purchase some touch up paint. Thanks rich
gerbs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #2

First of all gerbs0 - welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. If you get a second, come on over to the new member forum and introduce yourself.

As far as the color - good question. Given how colors vary and fade over time, you might have to do a little trial and error. I have seen touchup pens that might work well if you have a simple scratch.

If you are looking for more than that - I might suggest you email or call Jayco (contact info on jayco.com). They might be able to supply you with more info on the exact color. If you find out, please share here so others may benefit.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #3

Thanks, I've contacted Jayco and they couldn't really help me, The technician told me Diamond Ice was the grey color, but I couldn't find it anywhere on line, Our local Jayco dealer told me the white was Ford white. I guess I'll have to wait and see If someone can help us. Thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #4

Only Diamond Ice I could find was called "Diamond Ice Pearlcoat" and looks like it was used on Harley's. Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not, but the PPG code is 37056. I think you can get touchup paint mixed like that at most automotive body shops.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

re-paint

thank you, I'm going to a local auto paint supply store, they told me they could mix up the PPG 37056 Diamond Ice (grey) paint for me, they sell it in 2oz. touch up bottles for $9, this is a water based paint, so you will need to add a clear coat to it, I'm also going to prime the area first,the spot I'm trying to cover is about the size of a quarter. I was trying to remove a spot of Dicor sealant which got on the gray paint, I used Goof off to try and get the sealant off, it worked, but it also took off some of the gray paint, I tried it on the white paint and there was no effect, so go figure, thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it matches.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #6

Diamond Ice

Hello, the Diamond Ice color is a little dark compared to the original color. I had a small spot to cover and used it any way, plus added clear coat. It's amazing that we can't get touch up paint from Jayco.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #7

Smile color for Jayco

I just recieved a response fron Jayco customer service, they sent me this email:
Thank you for contacting Jayco customer service.
I did some research and found that we receive the sidings for most of our units pre-painted. I have been told that the grey is called Diamond Ice; it’s a special mix for Jayco produced by DuPont. The white is a 1992 Ford white. Because we receive our siding pre-painted your local dealership will not have part numbers for the paint.

I hope this will help those looking to try and get touch up paint, I would try a auto paint supply to see if they can mix some up for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #8

more info.

Thank you for the email and the question. Sorry to hear of the issue with the paint. It may prove to be a better match if you were to take a sample in to the paint store but here is the information I have.
The color is called a Diamond Ice and it was a Finish Master Color, and the paint type was a Centari. I do not know if this will help you or not. We have found that color matching works best sometimes as the paint can fade slightly.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #9

Go to a highend auto body shop.. they should have a digital paint reader.. they place this on the paint and it gives the formula for making an exact match.. taking into account fade and everything... most will then make up touch up or a spray can for you...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #10

Does anyone know what who makes the 1992 FORD White Paint for the panel. My door is faded (yellow) on my 1998 fifth wheel and I want to match it to the white on the rest of the trailer panels. Is it Dupont. Centuri, Base Clear? Not a paint expert, just trying to help the body shop out in getting the right match of the paint as close as I can. Thanks..
agentzoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11

All DuPont and PPG paint jobbers have the exact original formulas for automotive paints, going way back - maybe 25 years or more. If you know the year and make, such as 1992 Ford white, it can be looked up in the books, where color samples are present. Centari is a DuPont single stage paint, and it has the gloss agent already in there, and doesn't need a clear coat. Most jobbers have spectrophotometers that can "read" the formula for a flat sample, including aging and fading, and spit out a formula in grams that can be mixed to match the current color. Most can also put a small quantity in an aerosol container for you, but some will require you to purchase a minimum of 1 quart. Special order colors, such as ones ordered in large quantities by manufacturers, are called fleet colors, and are not in the regular books. If I were you, I would arrange a visit with one of these jobbers, and take the trailer to him - he will know what to do to get the right color the first time. Hope this helps.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Yea, I just found out on my own that contacting Jayco is a total waste of time. It amazes me that a company cannot even tell you what the color is. I bought a new 2014 Jayco Eagle $50k TT and I can't even find out the color to touch up the paint/gel-coat. Not even from the Jayco venders. All I got was the runaround. Jayco says I have to contact the vendor direct and the vendor tells me I have to go through Jayco. What a bunch of crap! I think the best idea is to go to a paint shop and get it color matched. I guess I won't be buying another Jayco...
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #13

Good morning! Here is what I have discovered from the Jayco Motorcoach Parts department. The rep informed me that a vehicle with decals is painted by the Vendor. I asked if they had a phone number for the Vendor. I was informed that because the Vendor does more than just fiberglass, they didn't know who the Vendor was. Odd!

When asked if there was anything else I needed, I, politely, said that touch up paint is a common industry item, as are paint codes. I recommended that they inform Jayco to provide the paint codes with their RVs - the way all automobile manufacturers do. Why is that something we have to a body shop to have them match? The whole point is to NOT have to go to a body shop for touch-up work! Oh, well. Good luck getting your paint. I have so far found that in my area the only place that can match it is a commercial vehicle body shop.
GMan215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan215 View Post
Good morning! Here is what I have discovered from the Jayco Motorcoach Parts department. The rep informed me that a vehicle with decals is painted by the Vendor. I asked if they had a phone number for the Vendor. I was informed that because the Vendor does more than just fiberglass, they didn't know who the Vendor was. Odd!

When asked if there was anything else I needed, I, politely, said that touch up paint is a common industry item, as are paint codes. I recommended that they inform Jayco to provide the paint codes with their RVs - the way all automobile manufacturers do. Why is that something we have to a body shop to have them match? The whole point is to NOT have to go to a body shop for touch-up work! Oh, well. Good luck getting your paint. I have so far found that in my area the only place that can match it is a commercial vehicle body shop.
Not sure what rig you have, but the vendor should have placed a paint code sticker on the door jamb or under the hood. Both our 01 and 08 came with them.

As they told you they don't know which vendor painted your rug based on vin# and each vendor usually uses a different brand paint so there could be a slight shade variation. We saw that in 08 when two SENECA's were parked side by side at a rally, it was very slight, but there.