To get back to the OP title 'Parasitic draw on battery
' ... am I alone in thinking 7.5A he found is not
the usual parasitic draw of things like radios and CO detectors?
If this were my trailer, I'd find the cause of that 7.5A draw. Something seems wrong to me to have that much draw. Am I off base in this??
To me, deciding to leave the trailer plugged in or not while in storage would be a secondary issue.
Originally Posted by Dgrdale2000
MRB 20 Manual says not to leave it plugged in all the time while in storage or batt may get overcharged. But after a couple weeks unplugged, batt goes dead. No, brakes aren't on. Nothing is on. Other than co alarm. I figure all parasitic draw should be maybe .5A, but it's 7.5A! Pulled fuses one by one and found the 30A fuse labelled "Charge line, slide motor" is the culprit. With that fuse pulled, the draw is only about .5A. I wouldn't think the slide motor would do it.Can anyone tell me why the charger would?