Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #1

PDI on New 31 RLDS

On 6/27/15 we picked up our new 31 RLDS. First I want to say thank you to all that have helped us prepare for this moment. There were things I never thought about that I would not have looked for if it was not for your help and advise.

RVONE - Orlando.

We arrived about 10 min's early, they greeted us and said they would be ready shortly. Just about 10am (our appointment time) we were walked across the street to a Prep/Delivery center to our new TT.
We had requested that it be up and running with the AC on as the Mrs. really doesn't like a 120 degree experience. The TT was as requested, completely hooked up, running, and cool.
We were introduced to Brett the Prep Mgr, he was personally doing our walk through. He told us we could take as long as we wanted, all day if needed. He started with us outside and we started at one corner and went inch by inch over the unit covering everything from trim to lug nuts to operation of every device.
Inside was the same, complete and easy. We tried every button, pulled every shade, moved every piece of furniture, lifted, tucker, crawled under cabinets and over the sliders.

We did find a few small issues, a crack in a table top, some glue on a roof panel, rip in a weather strip, mis-aligned gaskets on the rear slider, and a few general house keeping items. Everything that could be taken care of then was without hesitation. The table top and gasket were ordered.

I brought my TV in and Brett worked with me to setup my WD hitch, bolt everything on to the TT and get prepared to pull it home.

The TT pulled well, no issues there, it was a 30 mile ride home.

In the driveway we setup and leveled, I learned how not level my driveway is . We setup and started to move in everything that was in the house on my pool table just waiting.

We found a few more things last night, one window on the slider not latching correctly, shower door is tough to open (hanging up on the bottom). And I didn't have enough fresh water hose to reach, so a run to WallyWorld fixed that.

So now the adventure begins.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
bap

Congratulations on your new purchase. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. Sounds like you bought from a dealer who cares a lot about the customer and providing good service. That is worth a lot in the purchase.
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #3

Sweet I am sure you will enjoy it!
Old 06-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #4

We are pretty happy so far. I will be interested to see how the service dept is when we return for the small fixes.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote