Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Plastic Shield for Screen Door for Dog

We travel with our small dog. When the weather is nice we leave the door open and close the screen door. He sits by the door and watches the birds and squirrels outside. When he gets excited he will paw at the screen. It was just a matter of time before he would have ripped it. I went to Lowes and got a thin piece of clear plastic sheet and cut it to fit on the inside of the screen door. There are nice channels on the bottom and sides for it to fit into. Slides right in and is just tall enough to let him still see out and smell the outside. It's tall enough that he is not likely to tear the screen door but leaves most of the screen area open for a breeze.

suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:59 AM   #2

Great mod!

On our first tt (got it from my grandparents) my grandpa has mounted an actual screen protector on the door because of taking the cat and dog.

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:40 AM   #3
Our Shepherd doesn't mess with the screen at all but when my daughter camps with us she brings her Yorkie and that little girl is a screen killer! I will look at doing your mod - Thanks!!
2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #4
Site Team
We upgraded to the Lexon product at Lowes. It is a little more $$$ but has held up well.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote