Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #61

(very disappointed in quality of this “new” trailer) 2014 338RETS purchased 4/14/2015:
So far have these problems and very slow response to fix:
TV stopped working on the second day we used it.
Sliding door between bedroom and bathroom broke within a week of our trip
Molding is coming off in several places
Stairs are bent and need replacement
Leaking dining area skylight and damage to skylight fixture (still waiting for replacement)
Remote for slides does not work (almost fixed)
Wrong Furniture installed (should be recliners vice hide-a-bed) dealer submitted paperwork to JAYCO for correct furniture delivery and installation (still waiting)
Table needs to be replaced due to water damage, dealer submitted paperwork to JAYCO for replacement furniture delivery and installation (still waiting)
Door over extension controls has a faulty latch (fixed)
Screen door is torn and does not fit correctly (partially fixed)
Look VERY HARD before buying JAYCO
338RETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #62

For the record we picked up in Indiana our 2015 27 RLS on April 6, 2015. Since they we have lived and worked in it every night.. only issues were very minor, everything has worked properly, had horrendous rain, not a single drop leaked in. We did replace the bed, but planned on doing that before we purchased, knowing this TT was not made for full time living (we do 6 months in it a year). Is it perfect, nope, but I didn't pay for perfection. I paid a reasonable price for a well built basic model, furnishings I know I'll be replacing. When we get back to az next month I'll be doing a number of mods to "make it ours". Refrigerator, Stove, hood, MW, HWH, and all plumbing and electrical systems zero problems. Lights worked, no problem with propane etc...and It was built on a Friday....
What we see on here are the few folks that have problems, which when your producing 45 - 50,000 each having 100's of parts, your going to have some failures.

All being said, I wish they used some adhesive along with the staples, would go a long way to holding everything together better, but, I've added screws where needed.

For the $ I got a good value, could they make it better, of course.. But, as said before, I'm not willing to pay the price.. I could buy better made products, but not for what I feel I wanted to pay. The basic bones are good,5/8" surpine plywood floors, 3/8" plywood roof, etc.

I'm happy

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
An observation I will make is that the entry level value priced jaylflights seem to get the least complaints about quality here on the forum.
Yup, got the same trailer as you Crabman and it has been great. Changed the bathroom door handle and bathroom fan since owning it and that's about all (other than having to restring the pleated shades which I am about to do again this summer...arghh).

The Jayflight is a nice solid trailer and definitely great value for what I paid for it new.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
An observation I will make is that the entry level value priced jaylflights seem to get the least complaints about quality here on the forum.
I'll third that motion.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckowner View Post
Yup, got the same trailer as you Crabman and it has been great. Changed the bathroom door handle and bathroom fan since owning it and that's about all (other than having to restring the pleated shades which I am about to do again this summer...arghh).

The Jayflight is a nice solid trailer and definitely great value for what I paid for it new.
It seems like the trailers with large slides tend to always have problems with...large slides. That being said, there definitely seems to be a quality control issue with Jayco trailers over the past few years. Now that I have mine "debugged" I am starting to appreciate it more!
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbreath View Post
It seems like the trailers with large slides tend to always have problems with...large slides. That being said, there definitely seems to be a quality control issue with Jayco trailers over the past few years. Now that I have mine "debugged" I am starting to appreciate it more!
My TT is going on 5 years now and the slide is 3'x12' and works like a charm.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #67

I am on my second Jayco in 10 years and the only issue I have had was a slide that went out adjustment and was covered under warranty. I have no complaints with Jayco especially when I compare to some of my other friends issues with other brands.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #68

So far so good here. Love my Jayco. Has it been flawless? Of course not. No RV is flawless. They all have their problems and quirks. But overall, Jayco RV's tend to be built just a bit better than their competition. Look at frames on other units. How about the slides? Built like a Jayco slide? I don't think so. When the wife and I were at the RV show this year, we overheard a couple say, "This unit has a Norcold refrigerator..off the list!" Really? You're crossing it off because of that? That just hit me funny. All I'm saying is, do your homework before you buy. If you think another unit is better for some reason, go for it. Chances are, you'll be on their forum saying the same stuff. Like I said, all RV's have their problems and NONE are perfect.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #69

Originally Posted by Crabman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed. That's why I started out with an entry level unit. I had no idea what I was doing or getting myself into, so I figured if the quality was subpar, I could cut my losses. So far, so good though.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote