Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #1

Poor work

So there I was trying to figure out wiring to see if I could install a fan in a vent that didn't have one from the factory. I pulled the inside flange around the aft vent and i felt A LOT of air from the ac coming out of the ceiling. After pulling the inside cover off the ac, I discovered that neither of the ducts were sealed off allowing a lot of air loss. I always felt as though the ac was under performing, and now I know why. After taping off openings around ducts, the old 338RETS cools off a lot faster and its a like a meat locker ..... Something to perhaps check if you feel as though your ac isn't cooling as it should.
jws0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #2

Now that is something a lot of us probably have not checked. I only had one duct that was not performing as the others did. When I pulled the floor register off, the round metal cut out was laying across the duct work, left behind during construction. Obviously, this is the heater register but same principal. The AC ducts on our unit blow you away. We have the 15,000 btu in the living room and the 13, 500 btu in the bedroom. Never thought to check the outlets on the main AC unit.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws0679 View Post
So there I was trying to figure out wiring to see if I could install a fan in a vent that didn't have one from the factory. I pulled the inside flange around the aft vent and i felt A LOT of air from the ac coming out of the ceiling. After pulling the inside cover off the ac, I discovered that neither of the ducts were sealed off allowing a lot of air loss. I always felt as though the ac was under performing, and now I know why. After taping off openings around ducts, the old 338RETS cools off a lot faster and its a like a meat locker ..... Something to perhaps check if you feel as though your ac isn't cooling as it should.
What year is your TT?

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #4

It is a 2015 (early model) 338 RETS
jws0679 is offline   Reply With Quote