Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimw606 View Post
I don't mean to high jack this post, but a small tackle box is a great place to carry extra fuses. bulbs,etc. for trailer and Tow Vehicle.
That's a great idea, and it beats the zip lock bag I have to go fishing around in! You can get those little plastic screw boxes at Harbor Freight for about $2. I use a small one in my RV tool bag for spare screws and other fasteners, but it would be GREAT for fuses and bulbs!

Thanks!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #22

FIC 3500 Jack: Rotate Head

We have a new Jayco 24RBS with a FIC 3500 hitch jack. The hatch on my tow vehicle just hits the jack head by about 3/4" when it is opened. Is there a way to rotate the jack head so that the hatch misses the head when it is opened?
twokamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:57 PM   #23

Put jack stands under the frame, raise tongue jack foot, remove the three mount bolts, turn it where you want it (watch/reroute wires) Put bolts back in. Makes no difference which way it faces, other than the light.
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L View Post
Put jack stands under the frame, raise tongue jack foot, remove the three mount bolts, turn it where you want it (watch/reroute wires) Put bolts back in. Makes no difference which way it faces, other than the light.
Thank you Tim. Have you done that? Is there any reason I couldn't rotate the post while hitched to the vehicle?
twokamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #25

No reason. That would work fine.
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #26

Does anyone know where the fuse is on this unit? I was trying to find a manuel online and can't find one so far. The kid at the dealer told me to keep an extra fuse just in case. I am trying to find the fuse or type of fuse I should buy.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #27

It's BETWEEN the battery and the jack post. Follow the wiring on the tongue. It should be a black rubber lump on the wire that pops open to reveal the fuse.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #28

Sorry, I just went back and read previous pages which tells me some of my answers, I think. I have a new 2016 Jay Flight and I assume I have the same FIC3500 everyone else has. The kid at the dealer pointed to the unit when he told us to get an extra fuse. We assumed it would be easy to find. However our tongue jack will not work unless it is hooked up to the truck. My husband found one fuse under the hood of our truck...when he took it out, the power jack will not work. We are just trying to figure it all out...new trailer....
I would appreciate any info anyone has....or has figured out. Thanks.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Sorry, I just went back and read previous pages which tells me some of my answers, I think. I have a new 2016 Jay Flight and I assume I have the same FIC3500 everyone else has. The kid at the dealer pointed to the unit when he told us to get an extra fuse. We assumed it would be easy to find. However our tongue jack will not work unless it is hooked up to the truck. My husband found one fuse under the hood of our truck...when he took it out, the power jack will not work. We are just trying to figure it all out...new trailer....
I would appreciate any info anyone has....or has figured out. Thanks.
Check out this discussion too:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...m-20050-2.html

I made a crude drawing of how my trailer is wired. The fuse for the jack is a 30A ATC Automotive fuse found just about anywhere (not the mini ones) and on your trailer it is in a weather resistant boot (like Mike explained above). The 12V on your trailer is fed by the 12V feed in your 7-pin truck plug, diagrams are readily available on the interwebz, so just find one and you can test each of your pins with a simple volt meter.

You will find out that jack is really a piece of junk. Mine got water in it (despite my best efforts to prevent that) and just never worked right again after that. So I replaced it with a Husky Brute 4500 lb jack; MUCH better piece of equipment.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #30

Smile

I notice there are quite a few who are looking for the manufacturer name on the FIC 3500 Electric Jacks. Fastec Industrial is a division of Wesco as the lady told several of you. FIC also manufacturers door lock cylinders for RV camper doors. They also, if you go to their website, fastecindustrial.com they have a printable manual and pictures of the FIC-3500. They are located at 2219 Eddie Williams Rd, Johnson City, TN 37601, phone 1-800-837-2505. Hope this helps you all out-----------
fburris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #31

I actually got ahold of a company Fastec industrial . They have a web site same name. I called them for parts, They are only an importer, they get the jacks from china. BUT they have the owners manual and parts manual on their site. this link should get you to the manual. http://www.fastecindustrial.com/amkt...STRUCTIONS.pdf Cut and past it in your browser if needed. I would like to find parts but they know of no one with parts, The jacks come into the country as a complete unit and would have to be broken down to get any parts.
johnmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #32

Was told that these oem jacks are junk and would tend to agree since mine died the first night out on our recent 6 weeks trip to Texas. Replaced it with a Bulldog 4500lb unit I purchased on Amazon. Listed for $240 but got for $150 from their warehouse deals. Packing box had some damage on one corner but inside everything was perfect. Installed in 30 minutes with most of that getting 3 year rusted bolts loose. Only 1 wire to connect and this unit came with an internal breaker.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #33

Amazon warehouse has some great deals, I just installed a Barker 3500# jack that retails for $389 and got it from the warehouse for $80 with free two day delivery. It was in an unopened box, the box was a bit beat up but the jack was packed in foam and in perfect working condition.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #34

Im having he same problem with my electric jack. It only works when plugged into my vehicle. I found the 30 amp fuse and it s good. Could there be two fuses there? The battery is charged and I can operate my slide outs from the battery but the jack and the light on it will not work off the battery or when the trailer is on 110 power.

Also, I can lower the unit with no problem while it is hooked up to my vehicle but the jack stops intermittently while i tr to raise the trailer.
Proudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudfrog View Post
Im having he same problem with my electric jack. It only works when plugged into my vehicle. I found the 30 amp fuse and it s good. Could there be two fuses there? The battery is charged and I can operate my slide outs from the battery but the jack and the light on it will not work off the battery or when the trailer is on 110 power.

Also, I can lower the unit with no problem while it is hooked up to my vehicle but the jack stops intermittently while i tr to raise the trailer.
If I had this problem and could not find the source I would cut the jack wire install an auto reset fuse inline and connect it to the battery, problem solved.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #36

I did that exactly as a work around and to verify the problem was not operator error. it works just fine but my trailer is still under warranty so I will be taking it to the dealer at the end of the season and getting this resolved.
Proudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #37

FIC 3500 Electric Tongue Jack

Just to assist anyone who has the FIC 3500 Electric Tongue Jack and is looking for parts. Yes it is made here in America. It is by WESCO manufacturing in Elkhart, IN. There phone number is 574-206-1517. Hopes this helps!
huck36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:47 PM   #38

It is by WESCO manufacturing in Elkhart, IN. There phone number is 574-206-1517. Hopes this helps!
huck36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:56 AM   #39

Good info to know. Thanks.

2014 Jayco Swift 264BH
2010 Ford F150 STX
Gerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:25 AM   #40

Manual adjustmt of FIC 3500

have called 2 dealers about the manual adjusting of my 3500 12 volt trailer jack ... They did not have a clue !!!Read a post from this forum and a guy said a 7/16 inch socket and an extension will work. Can not thank him enough .. it works like a champ ... Thanks again !
mrfroghill is offline   Reply With Quote