Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2018, 11:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Has anyone installed a breaker there? I was thinking about doing it, but I have a fistfull of 30a fuses, and I've only blown one. There exists a breaker that fits in the 30a fuse slot, but the plastic holder that comes from Jayco is not big enough for it (it is a little wider).
Yeah, I bet if you pop the cover, you'll find a 20A auto CB already in there from the factory:

Why the dough heads at the factory thought they needed to install a 30A inline fuse to the battery is the real mystery. It seems EVERYONE blows that fuse as soon as the jack hits its limit.

My fuse has been removed... let the CB do it's job, automagically.
ve7fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #42

Question on FIC-3500

I have a 2016 27DSRL. I'm often having to put a large block under the tongue jack to be sure I can get my trailer and truck connected and load equalizer bars installed.

Has anybody replaced the drop down jack foot with a much longer version, so that the wood block isn't necessary? Any issues with doing that?

Thanks,
Ed
ttvibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #43

A different, but related problem with the inline fuse holder. Rain water will collect in it and rust the bottom contact and spring. I have replaced mine with a water proof holder after having to clean the contacts and fuse body.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudfrog View Post
Im having he same problem with my electric jack. It only works when plugged into my vehicle. I found the 30 amp fuse and it s good. Could there be two fuses there? The battery is charged and I can operate my slide outs from the battery but the jack and the light on it will not work off the battery or when the trailer is on 110 power.

Also, I can lower the unit with no problem while it is hooked up to my vehicle but the jack stops intermittently while i tr to raise the trailer.
Proudfrog, I too had the same problem but discovered not one, but 2, 30 amp fuses, one just below unit controller and there is another one tucked away close to the electrical junction box. Look by the little square black box and you should see 2 green wires going into a black fuse holder and I checked it with test light and it was burned out because I receded the jack barely past line on jack shaft! Mine is a 2019 Jayco 26BH travel trailer! Don't need the truck hooked up any more! Seems Jayco put double protection for the jack motor with these 2 fuses PLUS circuit breaker in controller housing! Hope this helps you and others! ENJOY!!
BigFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttvibz View Post
I have a 2016 27DSRL. I'm often having to put a large block under the tongue jack to be sure I can get my trailer and truck connected and load equalizer bars installed.

Has anybody replaced the drop down jack foot with a much longer version, so that the wood block isn't necessary? Any issues with doing that?

Thanks,
Ed

I'm not sure of the gain here. A longer foot would have to be removed or shortened before moving. You would still be limited to the same amount of travel and the longer foot would reduce the ground clearance.

I personally use a stack of Lego blocks and don't find it that difficult.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttvibz View Post
Thanks,
Ed
I have a Barker 3500 jack and it also runs out of travel so I use a tall wood block.

I have the foot from the old manual jack I was thinking of putting on but I don't want to void the warranty.I would have to drill a hole for a pin now that I think of it I could just slip it on when needed.

Depending on the hitch height you may be able to extend the lift with another foot but you should take some measurements first (ground clearance) or just put the foot on when setting up and use a removable pin or not.

I don't see why a pin would be needed other than to hold the foot on when traveling.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote