Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

Price to pay

Off to dealer on Monday , what's a fair price to pay for 2013 25bhs , sticker is like 26300' any ideas
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Here are a few pricing/buying tips from our very own forum:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=2360
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

It depends on how much research you do and to some extent on which dealer you buy from. We shopped for several months before buying ours. I started by looking on this forum and on the internet. One good source for me was eBay Motors. There's a section for RV's under Powersports. Start by just searching for the series such as "Jayco Jay Flight" and see what comes up. If you don't find your particular model you can look for something similar just to see which dealers have the best price. Call the dealer and ask for a quote for your exact model and options. After much shopping we found a dealer that had the best price and was only an hour away. We bought our camper for 30% below sticker without any haggling but after lots of shopping and a few calls. Have fun hopping....
lifercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #4

I have a similar question, so I'll post it here as a reply. I'm going to look at a 2012 298RES tomorrow night. According to the dealer it was used twice and is being brought back because the people that bought the unit enjoyed camping so much that they upgraded their TV and are trading up to a large 5th wheel. MSRP on the unit is in the $34K range and I believe it sold for around $29K a little more than a month ago. Any suggestions??
Seasonal Site @ Cherry Grove Campground
B4AGPIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #5

What I would suggest to both of you guys is to obtain a quote from RV Direct. It takes only an hour or two (or less) and you'll have something you can negotiate from.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #6

It's used. No way around it. Someone registered it, started the warranty and drove it off the lot. Now it's worth less regardless of it's age. I would go online and price out a new one with RV Direct to have in your back pocket as a guide to just how good of a deal you are getting. It takes about 1 hour for them to respond with the pricing in your inbox.

Figure 30-35% off MSRP depending on time of year, show specials or left overs. That'spretty much the avg for the "best" deals with some exceptions of couse. For used I would figure another 15-20% off that because I am sure the dealer gave them a haircut on trade. From there you need to figure in your personal preferences like the dealer proximity, service and relationship with you which are all factors and important ones as they all have a relative value.

You should ask when it was put into the warranty period as you may be already facing less than 1.5 years left and any warranty that is not transferrrable. I don't know any that are original owner only, but you should check.

Good luck!

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
What I would suggest to both of you guys is to obtain a quote from RV Direct. It takes only an hour or two (or less) and you'll have something you can negotiate from.
X 2. I bought my TT from RV Direct. The MSRP was $31,000, the best local price I received was $24,000. If I traveled to a dealership in Indiana I could get it for $22,500, RV Direct gave me a price of $21,850.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #8

They didn't budge off msrp ? Gotta love the games . I guess I'm going to try another dealer .
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
They didn't budge off msrp ? Gotta love the games . I guess I'm going to try another dealer .
I tried a dealer who quoted only 10% off MSRP, would not budge and acted like he would be doing me a favor by selling it to me. He said they are "selling like hotcakes at that price". Keep in mind this was Summer 2009 during the worse recession since the 30`s. I was not amused or impressed and ended up buying form RVdirect. MSRP was 21,142 purchased for 14,800. Keep looking.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #10

That's crabMan , there not the only Jayco dealer in town , Kipper
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Try "Indiana RV Connection". You'll be pleasantly surprised with the price quote you receive from them on a unit built to your specifications. Very knowledgeable staff and excellent service. Only three miles from the factory.

http://www.yourrvconnection.com/
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote