Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #1

Problems this weekend

We have our camper on our own land and get up this weekend, and key wont turn to unlock the door, so after 20 minutes of trying in the heat and getting killed by mosquitos, I finally open the front storage door to see if my son can push the bed up and get inside and unlock the door, he couldn't unlock it, so I really cranked on the key and it turned, that was just the start, so once inside, I go to put the power awning out and it wont move, we are connected to 50 amp service, but after playing with the button, it would barely move, and it would inch its way out, got it out and it was struggling really bad, like it would lose power, and I would wait a few minutes, and it would go again, and then the rear outdoor kitchen stove is not getting gas, so we couldn't use it, I have used it once before and I lit right up, but I cant even smell propane, so im stumped, the awning worked just fine 2 weeks prior and they did get a lot of rain, any ideas on what is happening, thanks Rick
Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Pull the 30 amp fuse (also make sure it is not blown) by the battery (with shore power connected) and try the awning or slide out. If it works fine you may have a battery problem, or your TT's battery charge controller may not be working properly. Check the water level in the batteries.

I would check your battery terminals to see if they are clean. Check the voltage at the battery (should be 12.6VDC or higher), to make sure it is not dead. Since everything is not working properly check to make sure that Jayco tightened the negative battery terminal to the frame, as there have been a few complaints regarding that. Check your 12VDC and 110AC fuses/breakers.

Keep us updated....

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

Thanks, I should have checked the battery, the guage showed it as fully charged, but that's as far as I went
Old 06-15-2015, 04:51 AM   #4

FYI...as far as the key issue goes. We have a different model, but we did get a letter in the mail stating there was a recall on our door lock. Apparently people were getting locked INSIDE their camper. I'm not sure if this could be at all related to your problem, but I figured it was worth mentioning!
reneegavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #5

I got locked out of my brand new Jayco because of a defective locking barrel after bringing it home for the first time. I did get lucky and was able to get in by crawling through the basement. My dealer seemed embarrassed by the whole ordeal but fixed it before my first outing. It was covered by the warranty but should have never left the dealer with a known recall.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #6

I called the dealer about all of this and he is checking on any recalls for the lock, and he is gonna wait for me to get up on Friday and see if its a battery problem with the awning, and not sure about the rear kitchen burner that doesn't light.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkeMark View Post
I got locked out of my brand new Jayco because of a defective locking barrel after bringing it home for the first time. I did get lucky and was able to get in by crawling through the basement. .
This happened to us and I had to climb in under the rear bunk thinking I am going to just unlock the door, Nope. Of the two locks, only the dead bolt is accessible inside. So I had to take the door handle apart, unlock it from the inside of the door between the interior and exterior handles, and then reassemble. Now we just use the deadbolt until the annual dealer visit, when we will have it addressed.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #8

I was provided a short jumper cable with my electric awning when I picked up my TT back in 2010. According to the directions it is to be used if the awning is not working to bypass the factory installed harness.
While I never needed to use this jumper cable, a friend of mine has had to use it when his awning did not close up.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:22 AM   #9

when we picked up our TT the locks had already been changed to non Jayco locks
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote