Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #1

Propane quick connect

I am looking for the make of the quick connect on my jayco. I am also looking for a spot I can get a hose made to go from the quick connect to my Colman grill. Does any one know where to get one made.

Any help would be great.

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Jason.
Cfd225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Check with a local LPG supplier for a reference.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #3

I got mine from my local LPG supplier as well
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #4

I haven't bought one yet but here's one that I found on-line. Don't know how it compares price wise to a local propane distributor
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Site Team

That is a good price. If I purchase one it would be a little shorter. I think the one that came with my rig is 6'.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #6

That's a great price. I bought one from Richardson RV so I could hook up my Coleman grill to the quick connect on my trailer. It cost $42.00 with my discount. I had to return it because the tt has a regulator in it and so does my Coleman BBQ, so with 2 regulators I couldn't get enough fuel to keep the BBQ lite.
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #7

I have been told you can't hook up your Coleman or weber to the quick connect from my dealer. Is this true? Something to do with high pressure vs low. Not sure.

2016 F150 Ecobeast
prooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #8

In spite of the many existing threads on this subject, it continues to come up on a regular basis. it's very easily done. The dealer is wrong. The regulator can be removed on any grill and fitted with a quick connect that allows it to be used on the low pressure side of your propane system.

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #9

Bob, Don and I finally went to a LPG supplier, but didn't have what we needed. He sent us to a pretty large Ace Hardware. There we got the hose, fittings, etc. We got back, and the fitting to the quick connect under the tt would slip out. Don also realized the regulator had some issue with allowing enough propane to pass through to keep flame lit. He did check the link from Karl above. Looked promising, but then the regulator issue came up again.

We have a weber grill. I asked him about taking it off. He said if we did, we wouldn't be able to control the gas flow... (High, medium, low). How do people get around this? I know there are times we want more or less heat. How does one option gas flow work for you? Thanks
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
We have a weber grill. I asked him about taking it off. He said if we did, we wouldn't be able to control the gas flow... (High, medium, low). How do people get around this? I know there are times we want more or less heat. How does one option gas flow work for you? Thanks
Take another look at the picture above, the control is still there for the flow. On the trailer, there's a lever on the port. Be sure that you turn the lever so the collar on the fitting can be depressed, then insert the hose and release the collar. You can then move the lever back to lock it into place.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #11

Oh, I see. So Don would take off the fitting leadng to the regulator and replace it with a T?

Here are some pics of the Weber. Let me know what you guys think. I will pass this on to Don when he gets up (even without x-box live, he goes to bed way after midnight even with camping ).
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4661.jpg   DSCF4662.jpg   DSCF4663.jpg   DSCF4664.jpg   DSCF4665.jpg  

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #12

You have an older (or newer) grill. My previous Weber had the regulator separate from the control knob which would make this easy to do. Not sure how much success you'll have with that configuration since it's all in one, but you could try.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #13

It does appear that the regulator heat control is all one unit on your grill. I have the Baby Q and the regulator simply unscrewed from the control and I was able to adapt a QC to the control and run off the low pressure side of my system.
Personally, before I would go adding tees and connectors to the high side of your propane setup. I would spring for a grill that would allow adaptation to the low pressure side of your trailer. With the correct fittings, that would enable you to use the same LP output that you use for any other outdoor appliances with no additional plumbing necessary. I have an outdoor kitchen with a stove and my setup allows me to use their the stove or the grill off of the same QC. All I did was extend it to the edge of the triailer using a pipe nipple and a coupling. Some shopping around on the Internet will turn up a couple of manufacturers of propane fittings. Mr heater makes a complete set in both sizes. My Keystone uses Fairview gas connections and they are also available everywhere on line and you can order just one side if that's all you need.

Just so you know, the quick connect fittings that Home Depot and the other hardware stores sell for air compressors are not suitable for gas connections. You'll have to find them at a RV place or somewhere that specializes in Propane equipment. Hope this helps.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote