Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #1

Question for those of you knowledgeable about the fiberglass option

If you had to hazard a guess, on a Jayco 32TSBH (that triple slide 32+ footer), how much weight would you save paying the money to go Fiberglass? I see that the weight of the 32TSBH is 8075/10500 (dry/max). If you paid the $1,800 to bump it to fiberglass sidewalls, what would that adjustment do to those numbers? I wish we could find those kind of detailed numbers for options somewhere.
strider_gtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #2

Strider,

Welcome!!!

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly the fiberglass option actually adds a little weight. It isn't a lot, but maybe ~300-400lbs for that trailer (guessing, could be more). If you email Jayco I am sure they can tell you what the difference is.

Maybe someone with that model or similar (like our 32 BHDS) will be along soon and can give their yellow sticker dry weight with the fiberglass siding to compare. Our 32 with the Al is a little under 8k lbs per the yellow sticker.

Good luck!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #3

It's also my understanding that the fiberglass sidewall option adds weight. I don't know by how much though...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #4

You know what, you guys are right. I was just confused because it seemed like half of what I was reading was that the weight went down and that half of it said it went up. For some reason I got to thinking that the weight went down.

I just got this reply back from a fantastic Jayco salesman:

On a Jay Flight, which is a conventionally constructed trailer with a wood skeleton, adding the fiberglass skin option adds weight. The trailer construction doesn't change to laminated with this option -- only the skin. There are sheets of lauan below the fiberglass that aren't present during the normal aluminum skin build. They add a chunk of weight to a big trailer like this (a few hundred lbs as I recall).

Thanks guys! I guess I won't be going for the fiberglass walls!! =)
strider_gtrs is offline   Reply With Quote