Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

Question for those with a 29QBH

With the addition of kid #3 we are looking to upgrade our 26BH to a 29QBH. We think it might be the right balance of length, beds and living space we would need for the next several years. Even would have enough space or the kids to bring a friend or two.

Question...

Is the bathroom accessible with the slide pulled in?
Can I get 4 bikes on the factory bike rack/cargo tray?
Any layout/structure issues you have experienced I am not thinking of?
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #2

We bought the 29QBH last year and love it! It was the right combination of a big family trailer but still small enough to fit into most of the state parks around Washington. The one big bummer for me is that you can't get into the bathroom (or rear bunk area) with the slide pulled in. You can back the slide out about 1' for access on the road and so far this has worked out OK for us. We had a narrow-slide trailer before and the extra space of the super-slide is definitely worth it IMO - it's pretty much like a living room in there. The extendable U-dinette is also a nice feature.

I can't comment on the bike rack - we still keep bikes in the back of the truck - I think it was like $700 to add the bike rack after the fact...

Overall the trailer is well-built. I found a fair number of minor fit and finish things to have the dealer fix, but it seemed that every trailer we looked at was similar or worse. The 2-year warranty is comforting to give us 2 full seasons to get any bugs worked out.

We camped 30 days this season and had a great time. The 32' class trailers were tempting, bit just too big for the places we like to go. It's already a bit of a shoehorn to get this trailer in a couple of our favorite spots!
Honda EU1000i
2006 Jayfeather 29Y - past Jayco
KachFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #3

Thank you.

It is disappointing that the bath and bunks aren't available always, I guess there is always a trade off. I agree with the 32xxx being very nice, but that is just too much TT for the places we like to camp...let alone keep clean and waxed :-).
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote