Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #1

Questions re: 2009 Eagle 324BHDS

After nearly 15 years with a 1990 Mallard Sprinter 35' BH we are moving up to a 2009 Eagle 324BHDS. (Long story, rather than repeat myself, for those interested the explanation is in my introduction under the "Welcome Mat" section) I have spent hours reading through the many posts here and have a few questions.
According to the owners manual we will have an Alpha Systems rubber roof. I am guessing this is EPDM and not TPO. Any way to find out for sure?
It seems that when we do the PDI we should be checking the AC mounting bolts. Could someone please tell me where to find them? I had thought they would be on the roof but then read something that made me think they may be on the inside. Also, where is the AC gasket and how does one know if it needs replacing? Same question re: AC fins. Also, where is the AC drain hose and where does it drain to? The TT has a completely enclosed underbelly so hard to tell much. Are there weep holes for the AC to keep cleaned and if so, where would we find them?
We will be parking the Eagle on our land and have electricity in place which we used with the previous TT. Once we had electricity there we no longer used a battery but from what I am reading here, it seems it might be a good idea to also use a battery to extend the life of the converter. Is this accurate?
Where is the furnace located on this unit? We found the hot water tank, holding tanks, water pump, etc. but did not think to look for furnace.
Our previous TT did not have a black tank flush system. Are there any special measures we need to take during the winterizing process for the flush system?
Is there a way for us to know if we have a single or multi-stage converter?
We will be having a pole barn built over the Eagle once in place so will likely leave the slides out. They do have awnings. We had initially thought to build some sort of support under them but the reading I am doing indicates this may not be a good idea. What about some sort of "floating" support that is actually a couple inches lower than the bottom of the slides to allow for any "sinking" of the TT?
I am sure I will have more questions once the TT is in our possession but for now, THANK YOU in advance to any help with the above questions and for all the wonderful posts I have been reading through thus far to help us prepare for our "new to us" Eagle.
NCMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #2

your ac drains on to the roof.
your furnace is in the bunk house in the back should be behind some luver wood cover will need to remove 4 screws to access
the manual says that slide out support is not necessary
a battery is a good idea to have even connected to shore power
there is a filter to clean on the ac inside the trailer if you remove the filter cover and filter you may see the bolts but I am not sure.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #3

We don't do anything to the BT flush when winterizing and no problems in our sub zero winters. Don't forget to winterize your outside shower if you have one. Leaving slides out during storage can make it easier for small critters to enter. I wouldn't support the slides if you leave them out. Happy camping with your "new" one.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote