Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1

Rear bumper grill mount from Jayco - $144

I posted earlier that I was worried about using my grill mounted to the side of the trailer due to the possibility of heat/smoke damage.

I called Jayco and they have a rear bumper grill mount that works with the OEM grill that mounts on the rear bumper. It sides out (as opposed to swinging out) so that it will work with a rear ladder on the passenger side.

Just an FYI. I think it will work sweet with my rear outside kitchen. Slide out 2-burner stove on one side and my slide out grill on the other.
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #2

pbohart-- As I have posted before, popup mfg's have been hanging outdoor stoves on the sides of trailers for years and continue to do so. As an example the RVQII grill support keeps the grill about a foot off the trailer. That doesn't mean accidents can't happen .Larry
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #3

Thanks Larry. I don't have any definitive proof or evidence that it would cause damage. Rather - It just made me a bit nervous. Plus - having the grill mounted right next to my outdoor kitchen will be a huge bonus. Thanks!
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #4

We've used our bumper mount grill frequently without any issues. It works well and is very convenient.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #5

The RVQ that hangs on the side has a general consensus that there are better mousetraps out there. You can read a lot of reviews at www.popupexplorer.com

For me, I don't want to attach an open flame that sits 4 inches away from my painted outside wall of my trailer. They are not known to cook really well either.

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #6

Since your TT probably has the quick connect for propane, why not consider about 20 feet of hose coming off the quick connect and attaching to your grill. Then you have lots of options as to where you can place it.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #7

I had the Olympian grill attached to the side of my 19H for years. I never had any issues other than getting the grease off the side of the TT after every trip. It was never too bad but if you care about your TT you would'nt want it to sit there and stain the side of your TT. It is very practical and one less thing on a table, that being said I now have a table with a Weber so I can put it wherever I want. Too each there own, you just need to find what works for you and what you want to personally put up with.

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #8

xkuzme1-- The RVQ and the RVQ II are 2 different animals. The II stands off the TT about a foot, therefore no heat and no grease. Yes, there were a lot of dissatified customers of the RVQ ( didn't have one so no comments).but buy all accounts ,the RVQ II seams to have addressed the problems/poor performance. Larry
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbohart View Post
I posted earlier that I was worried about using my grill mounted to the side of the trailer due to the possibility of heat/smoke damage.

I called Jayco and they have a rear bumper grill mount that works with the OEM grill that mounts on the rear bumper. It sides out (as opposed to swinging out) so that it will work with a rear ladder on the passenger side.

Just an FYI. I think it will work sweet with my rear outside kitchen. Slide out 2-burner stove on one side and my slide out grill on the other.
Once you get the slide out mount could you post a few photos of it so we can see how it works with the rear ladder. Thanks.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #10

The one problem I here my fellow campers complain about bumper grills is they hang to low to the ground. Since most campsites are uneven one never knows the height of the grill.
rolling condo is offline   Reply With Quote