Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
The camera remaining on while driving is not the issue. You're right... that's pretty much the objective. Being on while connected to shore power is not an issue. Remaining on when operating from battery power only is a big issue, and a needless battery drain.
How did they wire the camera, wouldn't they wire it to the running lights of the trailer?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
ibra0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #42

Has anybody tried a Jensen wireless system?

They appear to have more than one camera/monitor system. This one (Jensen # WVRXCAM1) is less than $500 at my dealers, but have not yet talked to them about it.

Paul
Old 01-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullin View Post
Has anybody tried a Jensen wireless system?

They appear to have more than one camera/monitor system. This one (Jensen # WVRXCAM1) is less than $500 at my dealers, but have not yet talked to them about it.

Paul
Looks like a good system, curious how much they will charge you to install the system. I assume doing it yourself will void the warranty of something lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #44

I have a 2017 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel FBOK 336. My dealer told me that it is pre-wired for a backup camera. The person who showed us the 5th wheel said the wiring is behind the center light (it looks like a round diode. I've been looking at the Furrion 381556 FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System. Does anyone know if this is the right camera and has anyone ever put one on this type of RV with the little round lights? Thanks
missileer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
I have a 2017 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel FBOK 336. My dealer told me that it is pre-wired for a backup camera. The person who showed us the 5th wheel said the wiring is behind the center light (it looks like a round diode. I've been looking at the Furrion 381556 FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System. Does anyone know if this is the right camera and has anyone ever put one on this type of RV with the little round lights? Thanks

I have a 28bhbe and it does say its already wired to have a camera, however its not what you think, I contacted jayco and when you have that sticker inside your bedroom, all the means is they installed a dual usb power port with an outlet to connect your monitor if you want to use the camera in observation mode.

I eventually tried the wireless route but it was cutting out to much, I went ahead and installed a wired camera and works perfectly.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #46

That is a wifi camera. There are no send wires in the diagram. Just power. The power center only provides 12v power to your receiver. You can mount your camera anywhere as long as you have 12v power.

2016 23MB Jayflight
2016 GMC 1500 5.3 4X4 Z71
jtrhodes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #47

Ok I just got my Furrion backup camera. There is no mount to just put the camera into so I have to install the mount myself and hook up the wires. I do have a switch in the control area for the camera. Does anyone know which wires I connect the camera to so get it so the switch to turn on and off the camera. The way I understand it I have to go two inches below the marker light and install it there. I paired the camera to the monitor and noticed that the antenna for the camera does not screw down all the way. Has anyone had this happen and is that ok or do I need to take a pair of pliers and force it to screw on. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me but just asking?
missileer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #48

I know this is a really old thread...but I'll try anyway. I have a 2016 29RKS. Dealer installed the camera following the directions someone else posted, but there is no switch to use the camera as an "observation camera". I have the sticker in the bedroom that others have mentioned, but upon pulling the power center there is nothing back there...as others have also mentioned. Has anyone who has that sticker, but no switch, ever been able to find a wire behind the wall that would allow a switch to be installed and power the camera independent of the tow vehicle? Or does that sticker really just mean that they've installed the power center for the monitor and nothing else?
Aizoo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote