Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #1

Refrigerator Issue

We have been enjoying our 212 QBW. Recently after arriving at our destination I discovered the refrigerator door had come open during travel. We have the normal size in the 212 QBW which is upright and more normal than the smaller sizes. I analyzed the locking mechanism that appears to be incorporated into the door frame but I cant seem to get it to lock to prevent this uncalled for entry. I'm wondering if others have noted this same occurrence and if so what provisions were taken to prevent reoccurances.
wewarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #2

From photos, it appears that your refrigerator is very similar to the one in my fifth wheel, a Norcold. The sliding latches that you have noticed are for the purpose of holding the refrigerator door slightly ajar; this is done when your trailer is stored and the refrigerator is off, so that it can thoroughly dry out and not develop an odor. There is no secondary latch to hold the door closed. Maybe the normal latch was not really latched - this happens fairly easily - and thus the door opened, or maybe the latch has a defect of some sort.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote