Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2015, 03:28 AM   #21

Since the OP has found his solution, I guess I can hijack this thread?

What about these minivan tires if my total weight is within comfort zone on these?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Its Kumho Sense Grand Touring radial, steel belted, $265 for 4, shipping $63 total w/o mounting $328. The Goodyear Marathon ST has weight of 1820lbs max, this tire slightly less at 1610lbs. I have a local low-cost tire mounting place where they service a lot of tractors and such could mount them.

I got a spare at Northern Tool and the generic tire and rim "look" ok but have no experience. Kenda Load Star w/ powder coated rim

FREE SHIPPING — High Speed Radial Trailer Tire Assembly, Spoked, ST205/75R15 | 15in. High Speed Trailer Tires Wheels| Northern Tool + Equipment

Locally at NT they are about $130 and with some coupons they send me I could get a good chunk knocked off that. Might get 3 more and relegate my present tires to spares. hmmm...
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #22

Some people don't mind using p rated tires on a single axle trailer, BUT a tandem/ multi axle trailer the p rated tires do NOT have a stiff enough side wall for when the tires are required to make turns, especially tight turns.

I have never heard/ read anything bad about LoadStar tires. I think my snowmobile trailer has a set on them (factory) if I remember right! No issues (knock on wood!) in over 3k miles so far!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #23

Thanks folks for comments on this thread and all, I went out and did a closer inspection of TT tires and low and behold, they are 10 years old (!) and one has cracks in a spot from sitting, and the other have cracks between the treads - looked like although they were solid I'd guess they might fail at any time. So, I'm getting new tires pronto. I may go for the loadstar radials with spiffy new rims, they looked are low cost when you figure no mounting and the old rims were starting to get a bit of rust.