Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #11

I'm sorry that I did not get any pictures of the tub replacement process. It actually went so easy and fast that I flat forgot to document the process with some pics.

As stated, I found the replacement process very easy. Especially when you consider I was quoted two grand for the materials and labor from a dealer. I first pulled the water to my trailer. Access to the shower tub is under the full size bed in the bunkie room. I removed the feed lines to the fixture and the drain. I then removed the shower wand holder. I next removed the molding that was at the tub lip and the leading edges of the shower walls. The surround walls were attached with double faced tape and eleven plastic anchors. I was able to remove the anchors and carefully pull the surround lose from the walls. The tub was screwed to the walls with drywall screws on the three sides that were under the the shower walls. Unscrewing them allowed the tub to be easily turned up on end and removed from the trailer.

Installing the new tub and walls was a reverse of the above. I had purchased a couple of rolls of double faced tape and a new drain for the tub. With drain attached the tub was replaced and the plumbing reattached. The shower walls stuck right back into place and I was able to reuse the plastic anchors. With the molding replaced I pressured up the water system and checked for leaks.

My total cost for the replacement was $207 and two and a half hours labor.
Back in business boys and girls.

Oh, and here is a pic taken of the river a foot or more below crest that threatened my TT.

olbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:13 AM   #12

Glad it worked out so well for you. How about at least a pic of the finished product?

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Glad it worked out so well for you. How about at least a pic of the finished product?
That I can do. It will be next weekend before I get back down there but I will make that happen.

olbriar is offline   Reply With Quote