Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1

Rhino Roof for RV's

In the Fall issue of RV Magazine page 46, there is an article on Rhino Roof Coatings, possibly being the future replacement of the currant rubber roofs on TT and other RV’s. Anyone have this on their TT now or knows anyone that has had it done.
rdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team

After having a similar product sprayed in my truck bed 8 yrs ago (Bulldog linings, similar to LineX) and seeing the abuse it has stood up to I have to believe the concept has merit and potential. The current rubber roof systems leave much to be desired, IMO.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #3

A coworker is looking at the Rhino Spray Roof Coating. He has a 30+ foot 5th wheel, non Jayco, which he has had roof issues since new. I believe he stated he had a quote of $3K dollars to have the old roof stripped and the new roof sprayed on. Our discussion about how they handle the roof penetrations and the transitions between the walls and the roof, make me wonder why the manufactures do not use this product.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #4

This came up before, my two questions are can it successfully be applied to the existing rubber roof or plywood decking? How much would that weight on ~240 sq ft of the 30' TT roof?
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #5

We recently had damage to our Coleman Utah and could not find a replacement roof for it. As a result it was totaled by the insurance company but we baught it back, removed the original roof down to the fiberglass and had a company Line-X it. We had the AC put back on and the rubber seal and it was 100% waterproof and looked really nice. I believe it was applied directly to the fiberglass underneath and we did not have it Weighed but I would immagine it added a couple of 100lbs.
While being repaired we found a 25 foot Jayco Hybrid and sold the pop-up last week so I dont know how this would apply to the TT as I am new to them.

yingpin is offline   Reply With Quote