Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

Road trip to Talladega Race

Well, lets step back, went camping at Talladega which was very fun, and watched cars going around in a circle. Not much racing done. Anyway.... was coming back home and I guess a guy was side drafting my trailer, and got a little close. Pretty well wiped out the exhaust for my furnace. Was going to look for a new screen when I got back anyway but was wondering if they made one that would keep the dirt dobbers out. Also what kind of caulking is recommended when I go back to resealing the new exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
20161024_182556.jpg  
blackoak2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #2

We have installed Valterra bug screens on everything including the furnace vent. It's a round dome and includes small springs to keep it in place.

Typically we would use Dicor non-leveling no-sag sealant along with butyl tape to properly seal against moisture.

The vent itself should be readily available and fairly easy to replace.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 AM   #3

How did you like the no campfire ban? I was there also, Geico East, as a volunteer and lots of upset folks about no campfires, but I live in Alabama and we are just dry dry dry.

Sorry for your damage. At least it is minor.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:07 AM   #4

We went to the fall race at Talladega a few years ago and had a great time. I like the camping experience there.

We were there the year they were doing the two man train racing. RCR swept the weekend with Mike Wallace winning the truck race and Clint Bowyer slipping by teammate Jeff Burton at the checkered flag to win the cup race. Maybe 2010 or 2011?
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #5

Just wasn't the same without fires, but most of the people we talked to understood.
blackoak2006 is offline   Reply With Quote