Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #21

Quote:
The thing was that I had wanted one with the metal siding and my husband was insisting that fiberglass was better. But they both have pros and cons. Anyone have a 264BHW? Which TV mount and TV do you have? Any issues?
We purchased a 2017 264BHW this June and so far have been loving it. We have the metal siding and have no complaints. We are pulling with a 2005 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew with a 5.4L and are using an E2 Hitch 8000lbs Trunion by Fastway. I have had no issues with this WD/Hitch system where sway control is naturally built in. Wasn't too sure if you were inquiring about a tv mount or the travel vehicle hitch system. As for the actual TV mount, we purchased a Mount-It! LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with full motion/swing out from Amazon... we paid $20, but looks like it is $30 now.
Dadoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #22

Thanks. Glad to hear that you are loving your TT. Ours is on order and will be in soon. I was talking about the TV bracket but I needed the input on the tow hitch. So that was perfect. Thanks.
DragonflyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #23

Hi Dragonfly, My wife and I bought a 264bhw this past month and just got back from our first trip. We love the trailer and the floorplan is great for our family of 4. We used the rocketfish swivel mounts , but as the earlier poster has said, make sure to use 1 inch lags instead of the 3 inch lags that come with most residential mounts. Another piece of advice that was given to us was to take the televisions down during travel to minimize wear on them from road vibrations.
Khans Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #24

Thanks for the input. Mine should be in next week. We are getting excited. ��
DragonflyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #25

Nice job on the TV mount.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #26

I mounted a 27 inch flat screen TV on the wall between the bunks and the dinette. I mounted it by making a base like a sandwich with two small pieces of plywood and the wall as the middle part. I used nuts bolts to secure the mounting bracket to the base. This created a much stronger base for the mounting of the TV and with a little sanding and paint it looks great.
TexMax is offline   Reply With Quote