Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #1

Runaway Buyer!? Anyone purchased a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW

Well I feel like the Runaway Buyer (instead of the Runaway Bride)!? I went to purchase a Jayco Jay Feather 25BH and after discovering the mattress was a different one and out of the plastic and asking for an upgrade and the salesman and the Sales manager treated me disrespectful and acted like smart butts, then I said "No Deal". This dealer was 2 1/2 hrs away. So we drove back to a local dealer (30 mins away) and found a great deal on a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW and had such a great talk with the owner (didn't know he was the owner to begin with and a State Representative). I had the feeling all along that God wanted us to buy from them but I couldn't figure it out due to every time I thought I wanted a certain model, then they did not have it. But now I am convinced. And God worked this all out that day. The salesman was on vacation that day and we were meant to talk to the owner. The thing was that I had wanted one with the metal siding and my husband was insisting that fiberglass was better. But they both have pros and cons. Anyone have a 264BHW? Which TV mount and TV do you have? Any issues? Any input would be great! P.S. the first dealer kept saying you don't trust me do you? I already checked all the keys, locks, microwave (checked it with cup of water), etc. He said, you have been reading those forums and they are 80% BS and 20% truth.
DragonflyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyChick View Post
snip... He said, you have been reading those forums and they are 80% BS and 20% truth.
Sounds like he had it backwards. IMHO he's 80% BS.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #3

Yes he was totally rude and a snob. And if he was that way before he got my money, think what would happen after I purchased from them.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #4

I have that exact camper. So far we like it a lot. I mounted a 19" flat screen tv using a Mount It ML-2829 wall mount from Amazon. It was inexpensive and works well. It tilts and swivels and mounts to most small flat screen TVs.
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #5

Great! Thanks. I was wondering about the TV and mount.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #6

yeah some dealers are just plain dumb.. im a tech for a local dealer in Tennessee and i have been threw the 264 with walk threws and they are really nice. every camper is hit and mis. but we try 99.9% to catch any problems before the customer does. you will have a blast in yours... Happy Journeys

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #7

I have a 2016 264BHW...second season with it. Zero issues. Love the trailer. I'll find the link for the tv mounts I put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #8

Runaway Buyer!? Anyone purchased a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW

Mount-It! LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt and Swivel Articulating Arm for 13-42" Flat Screen Displays with VESA 75 to 200, 44lb Weight Capacity WITH 18" EXTENSION https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00R8KPN4S/..._L2V3xb66HVTF0

I bought 2 of them one for bedroom other for above dinette. Just remember to buy shorter bolts to screw into wall and don't use the ones that come with it or they go right through the wall.
Also that link is for Amazon Canada but I'm sure you could find it in the states.

Oh and I have 2 24" flatscreens

Old 09-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #9

Old 09-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #10

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #11

We love ours. We've had it almost two years, 6 trips, no issues. I posted pics and info on our TV mount. It's great! I'll try to post it to you. I'm a fan of "stick and tin" model fan myself, so I'm with you on aluminium siding. Part of it is the somewhat retro feeling.

Post your adds and mods as you go along.

Enjoy!
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #12

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...icture5287.jpg

Try this link for TV mount...

Ordering info...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LZ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bracket had three holes, so that was extra insurance vs only 2. I used stud finder to make sure where backer board was, and also measured to make sure where bracket needed to be sotv would fit as high as possible. I measured for depth very carefully and took bracket with me to hardware store so I could get biggest lag screws possible that would fit bracket holes and not go through the wall. I used lock washers and drilled small pilot holes too. It works well. We do take tv down and put it on bed during travel. Probably more than you need, but it's my best project on the TT so far.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #13

Thanks for the link
Old 09-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #14

More TV bracket info.

This bracket had three holes, so that was extra insurance vs only 2. I used stud finder to make sure where backer board was, and also measured to make sure where bracket needed to be sotv would fit as high as possible. I measured for depth very carefully and took bracket with me to hardware store so I could get biggest lag screws possible that would fit bracket holes and not go through the wall. I used lock washers and drilled small pilot holes too. It works well. We do take tv down and put it on bed during travel. Probably more than you need, but it's my best project on the TT so far.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #15

tdk2765 Thanks. I am going to order that bracket now. Let me know what mods you have done. I know I need a ladder for the bunks. What did you do? I welcome any info and suggestions? Anybody repaired wall leaks in metal vs fiberglass? I'm told the metal is easier and doesn't ruin an entire wall. Any input? Thanks.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #16

We got the two foot plastic folding step stool for bunks which sticks away under table, etc when not in use. My wife uses Command Hooks like a boss for most of the adds below.

I'll try to remember the biggest adds, mods:
Gas shocks to raise bed platform
Shelf which raises, lowers on end of cabinet for more counter space
Canvas shoe bag on end of bed
Another hanging shoe bag on bathroom wall behind toilet for toiletries, meds, first aid
All sorts of over door hooks for potholders, hand towels
Large towel rack over bathroom door for bath towels
Collapsible canvas totes for kids clothes to keep in bunk areas
Canvas baskets for overhead storage in bedroom
Small baskets on bunk walls for kids phones, ear buds, etc
A metal shower organizer which we put on wall by vanity for toothbrushes, etc to use as medicine cabinet
We used various wire shelving units inside cabinets to maximize storage of food, plates, etc
All the little stuff underneath the trailer is in plastic totes with lids
(Did I mention my wife has a certificate as a professional organizer? )

We also got a drying mat and small dish drainer, set of runner and rugs for floor, and drying bath mat.

I'm sure I'll think of more later!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #17

tdk, Thanks. I need all the organizing tips I can get. I got the TV mount ordered. We have had so many sewer hoses recommended. Which one should we get? We are confused. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #18

I use only Rhino. I got two 10' so I never worry about being short. Both store in bumper. I also replaced the bumper caps with better ones from Camping World which are less likely to fall out over time. I also recommend a clear sewer elbow in order to truly tell when the tank water runs clean at clean out. I use a flex wand and a 100' coil house to take inside to flush tanks since I don't have the outside flush valve (but yours might).

While we're at it, be sure to have a decent surge protector, and a true RV heavy duty extension cord since not all parks are set up as well as others in terms utilities being located well.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #19

One more sewer tip, get a folding support for the hose. Some parks even require them.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #20

Thanks.