Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Daxton View Post
I'm in the same boat right now but I'm wanting to run hdmi from where the factory tv is. I already have coax in the room, but the new satellite receivers don't support coax out anymore. I contacted jayco for the wall plans and they sent them to me. Where I want to go is blocked by cross beam supports in the walls. Jayco recommended going through the floor and running the cable either in the enclosed area or along the frame. I've concluded 2 possible methods. To start, I'm going to get an hdmi extender over cat 5. The cable is cheaper and easier to run because of thickness. I'll be running it from the factory tv DVD location through the upper cabinet which connects to the fridge cupboard. I'll run it down between the wall and edge of the cupboard ( within the wall to be hidden) and through the floor of the cupboard under the fridge. Now I can run under the unit to the desired location. I'll either come up under the bed within the storage and mount a hdmi wall play there ( to preserve the factory look) or come up through the floor next to the wall and hide the cable with racetrack wire cover. I already acquired some jayco seam tape to cover the racetrack piece if I want it to blend in even more. When I get around to it, Ill post some pictures.

Hope this helps

Hello Daxton what extender are you getting? I work in Pro AV and my caution to you is make sure you get an extender/balun of decent quality and decent cable such as Belden, Westpenn or Liberty. Many claim 100 feet which should be plenty long enough but they don't consider possible issues of noise being picked up. Also many extenders for HDMI require two cat5e cables. Good luck.

2007 Jayflight 31BHDS (at seasonal site in York, Maine)
1995 Trophy 2302 WA
2010 Subaru Outback
2012 Chrysler Town and Country
stevo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #12
Exterior/outdoor speakers

Hello, I need to replace my outdoor speakers in my jayco whitehawk are the coaxial or component???

chubbypuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
Just tried to use our cable hookup in the bunk house for the first time. Doesn't connect to the satelite as far as we can figure. We are thinking we will have to run a second box?
Frank & Cindi
River Rats
Jay FLight 32IBTS 2016
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #14
I hope I'm not too late for you Daxton. I would test your CAT5 length before running any wiring. HDMI extenders have a length limit depending on cable used. To be safe, I would recommend running CAT6. Reason being is it has better shielding and provides a better signal. I had trouble in my house running a 60ft CAT5e HDMI extender. CAT6 solved it.

2010 GMC Sierra 4x4, Crew Cab, Short box, 4.8L V8
Travel Trailer TBD !
SirMarty is offline   Reply With Quote