Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd12811 View Post
My FIL works for the local branch of RV One, just push them a bit and they will do better. The first price that they give you is never the lowest, and if you get to a manager they can normally do better. Pick a price you are comfortable with and stick to your guns, normally they will give in and get to where you want to be, so long as you are reasonable with your expectations. Bear in mind that RV One is a no frills wholesaler, so do not expect much in the way of customer service after you agree on a deal...
I had a price 7000 lower than RV One and when I told them they could careless, didn't try to match it or beat it. They really didn't even believe me.
Needless to say they lost the sale.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 AM   #22

We purchased our Jayco from RV express in Middlebury, In. They are part of the Richardsons' RV in California, and, I have been lead to believe the largest Jayco dealer. Not only did we save on the unit, but, living in Az we saved almost $3,000 in delivery fees. We were going back to Illinois anyway, and by picking it up in Middlebury we saved a lot. I was happy with their service. We had a good walk through and we stayed two nights at the KOA in Middlebury to make sure everything was in good working order. No issues other than some minor cosmetic issues, loose trim etc which I fixed myself. We stayed in it for about 150 nights after we picked it up with zero issues.

I would buy from them again.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:04 AM   #23

RVOne pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushflying View Post
The option to delete the bathroom door is not on the list, you have to request it.

What dealer did you go through if you don't mind me asking? I requested a quote on a 28bhbe (not from RV one but a different dealer) and asked to delete the rear door and skylights. I was told they'd check and when they got back to me they said jayco won't do it. I've read multiple people delete skylights and know you deleted the door...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #24

We just bought a 26BH from Keystone RV in Pa. Their price was at 5k lower than other dealers in our area, and 2K lower than RVOne in Albany.

We live close by so it was an easy choice for us. I also had to return to Keystone RV the week after I picked our new TT up because I was not happy with my first hitch setup. They took about an hour going over the setup and re-adjusting it for me, and even took a ride with me to check it out and make sure I was happy. The hitch setup is greatly improved and I'm a happy customer so far.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #25

It's great to see others out there who are shopping around keeping dealers honest. I would just mention that some of the threads mentioned percentage of savings off msrp. Some dealers inflate the msrp to make it seem like they are giving you a great deal. My suggestion would be to shop other manufactures on a comparably equipped unit. Personally I shopped Forest River against Jayco. While my 334 was slightly more than the FR unit we were looking st, there was no screwing around with msrp. Playing dealers against each other is very effective as well. My local Jayco dealer was 8k higher than another dealer 3 hours away. Not sure about anyone else, I jumped in my F Super duty and hauled the mail to save 8k.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter78 View Post
It's great to see others out there who are shopping around keeping dealers honest. I would just mention that some of the threads mentioned percentage of savings off msrp. Some dealers inflate the msrp to make it seem like they are giving you a great deal. My suggestion would be to shop other manufactures on a comparably equipped unit........................
The only MSRP anyone should be referencing is the one listed on the Jayco website. Nothing else should be trusted or used.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rvs View Post
We just bought a 26BH from Keystone RV in Pa. Their price was at 5k lower than other dealers in our area, and 2K lower than RVOne in Albany.

What did you get on the 26bh? RV one in Albany is giving me a 26bh for $13,100. KeystoneRV was right at $15k. Only added option is the outdoor fridge from RV One. Nothing from Keystone. No one else is even close.
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:52 AM   #28

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.
We took delivery of our new 377RLBH in late 2015, from Fretz RV, in Souderton, PA, about 220 miles from our home.

Albany RV/ RVOne is only 10 miles from the house. Having been screwed over by them on the delivery of two previous new units, one a Jayco, the other a Rockwood, I wouldn't go back there to purchase a 5 cent valve stem cap!

In both cases, the vehemently blamed Jayco and Rockwood for the mistakes, and took NO responsibility themselves. The Rockwood problems were a combination of Rockwood and RV One errors, but the Jayco "mistake" was solely RV One's, as they sold the same trailer to three different couples, and didn't bother to mention it, until the scheduled delivery day, when we showed up to for our PDI!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:28 AM   #29

You can work the price down on other ways.....better financing, free cover, free slide topper, etc. Always more than one way to make a deal
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #30

I've talked to no less than 12 dealerships when looking to buy a 264bhw or 26bh and no one could come close to the prices that KeystoneRV or RV One was offering. I'm in VA and talked to folks from NY to SC. Most of the other dealerships said Keystone and RV1 sell reject trailers (seconds) or they advertise a low price but charge for extras like a battery, PDI, propane, etc. when you show up to buy. A couple even said they can't even buy the campers for that cheap and I should buy from Keystone or RV1 if they are really selling them for that price. I'm amazed when I see folks say their local dealers were able to match prices or throw in a bunch of goodies. I certainly did not have that experience.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #31

Good price and that's where it stops. Bought from RVone in Buffalo, what a bunch of jerks.
spot9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #32

My one and only local jayco dealer are jerks and they have high prices so at least buffalo has a good price.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #33

But I would not want to deal with jerks. What problems did U experience?
Old 04-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #34

I purchased from RV Express in Middlebury, Indiana. There price was a few dollars less than RV one and, more important for me I paid nothing for delivery to Az. I was planning a trip back to Ill anyway so it worked out well. I had friends actually watch my unit being built at the factory and I picked it up about a month later. I don't believe jayco sells "seconds" or "reject" units. Sounds like a salesman lie because they can't compete. I think the price was about 30% less than MSRP plus another $3,000 savings on the delivery. They have been great to work with, and, I actually could of picked it up in California at Richardson's which is their company in California, but would of added the delivery charge. I had a very complete PDI stayed two nights at the KOA in Middlebury, toured the TT and 5er plants and had a great experience with RV Express. I would purchase from them again.

I did get a battery, full propane tanks, starter kit with water hose, sewer line etc. If I wanted a second battery I think it was about $100 installed.. nothing was hidden, everything was spelled out in the bid, unit was exactly like I ordered it. At the PDI everything was operating, slides out (and in) etc.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocarp View Post
.... A couple even said they can't even buy the campers for that cheap and I should buy from Keystone or RV1 if they are really selling them for that price...
That's funny because that's what RV One said to me about the dealer who was 7g's lower then they were.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #36

PDI was never done by dealer, items they were supposed to fix they didn't, you have to pay upfront before they will even say they are going to address any issues, you have to accept delivery before inspecting camper!! Pretty much leaves you with nothing to pressure them to do there job, and they just lie like crazy. We finally got them after two attempts to pick up trailer to fix most things but what a pain. I had to fix everything else on my own including pulling dvd/radio because tv was never even hooked up.Only filled one propane cylinder! Told me over $1400 dollars for a dual cam reese hitch! Mostly minor things but what the heck it's new! Just went to Florida and back and love camper but as usual few things that arose. I wouldn't take it back to them to put a new cap on a valve stem. Love the camper though!!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 AM   #37

That's the reason we pay a higher price at our local dealer...they have an awesome service department and care about doing a great job with any repairs whether under warranty or out of pocket.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #38

For us they are a local dealer, 15 minutes away. They had one of the only 26BHS left as they are discontinued floor plan. Kind of knew what we were getting into dealing with them but it still surprised me how inept they were. Just putting it out there for people that are considering going that route. If your handy and don't mind taking care of small issues it can work. If you get a serious defect or issue you'll be kicking yourself because the service just won't be there.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #39

Quoted us a great price at the Tampa RV show this past January, but from that point on it went downhill quickly. When they ran our credit, they "shopped" and created multiple hard inquiries on our credit records and ran credit for almost triple the "verbally" quoted price. The ONLY reason I can think of for them running that high of a credit check was because there was a boatload of "extras" that weren't even mentioned yet.

Thank goodness for my credit monitoring app on my phone because when I confronted the manager about all of this before walking away, he denied they do business that way.

Then for the icing on the cake. In order to do the credit checks and such, they required a 1000.00 deposit. We were assured that it would be refunded "promptly" if we couldn't come to terms. Well, after weeks of sending a half dozen emails that got nothing but "excuses" and then a couple of phone calls with the last one threatening a chargeback, they finally refunded it.

Never again.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #40

My take on it is that all dealerships have horror stories and fairy tales. Some people would complain if a slot machine gave them dirty coins. That's also not to say that there aren't worse dealerships, but I suspect even the best dealerships have some unhappy customers. I think people are more forthcoming with bad reviews.

I think I've also come to realize that there are some dealerships that must have worked out some special deal for a specific model from Jayco. I've mostly been working with KeystoneRV and RV1 as they have been giving me the best prices by far. However, RV1 couldn't compete with the price from KeystoneRV on a 264BHW and KeystoneRV couldn't compete with price RV1 was giving on a 26BH. Of the dozen or so other dealers that I chatted with, they either said to buy from the other guys as they must be losing money, something is wrong with the trailer, or they will charge you more once you get there.