Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #1

Sani con bypass valve?

Hey, currently I'm camping for the first time and was wondering how to use the sani con turbo system, the direction on the manual says open black valve turn pump on and dump, now close black valve n do the same with grey, guess that's to rinse out the crap. But the direction never mentions anything about the by pass valve that's directly behind the macerator
Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #2

If you need questions answered call Thetford Customer service at 1-800-543-1219
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #3

The manual shows on page 8 that the bypass valve is only for the Gray Water. This is if you wanted to leave the gray water valve open when hooked to the sewer for gravity drain.
Here is the link to the manual.

http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/u...021811_EFS.pdf
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

I had empty the two tanks. With the bypass valve closed, neither black or grey tank will pump out. Only when I open the bypass it flushes out. Black tank first than rinse with grey n the sani con is awesome, no mess whatsoever. Glad I got it.

Thanks for the info, glad I read the manual, as it said to not use pump with grey tank
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #5

My grey and black are connected after the valves and then wye together into the pump box. I have a drain valve with conventional sewer hook up to drain the old fashion way in case the unit fails.
When dumping I open the grey to allow it to prime the pump. Once it drains through the pump and hose for a few seconds I turn the pump on to be sure that there are no leaks once convinced I am not going to get a special poop shower I shut the pump off and close Grey/open black and the turn the pump on. Once it is done I open the grey and close the black. Very quick and painless. I have even hooked it to 100 ft garden hose and pumped to my septic tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #6

I don'tin order for the pump to actually dump crap out I have to open the valve that's behind the macerator. So for me to empty either tanks I will have to open 2 valves. Yes I agree that checking the system first with grey tank

Yes I have the same setup as u, from left to right, macerator valve-traditional-grey-black in that order
Old 07-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #7

Glad you got it. once you try it a few times it really makes the job easier. much less mess and fast.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote