Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
We weren't paying that fee or the $40 fee to enable the DVR function.
Cable companies, phone companies, and doctor's offices bills can always be negotiated.
So we just got DISH after 30 years with TWC EEEEEK
We have a Pinnacle with 2 TVS.
We have the premium package for home so I would LOVE to know how to negotiate and not pay per month for RV use. We haven't purchased a tailgater our anything yet. PLEASE help me out with the least expensive route for the RV. (All purchases needed) We travel once a month and plan to leave out again on Thanksgiving afternoon.
BlessedGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedGirlie View Post
So we just got DISH after 30 years with TWC EEEEEK
We have a Pinnacle with 2 TVS.
We have the premium package for home so I would LOVE to know how to negotiate and not pay per month for RV use. We haven't purchased a tailgater our anything yet. PLEASE help me out with the least expensive route for the RV. (All purchases needed) We travel once a month and plan to leave out again on Thanksgiving afternoon.
In your situation I believe that your best option would be to take your home unit out with you and just use that. Just be aware that the home receiver probably won't drive a TailGater or Pathway X1/2 automatic dish. I know that a VIP 211K, VIP 211Z and a Wally Dish receiver will drive the aforementioned dishes. You may have to get a conventional dish and manually point it or one of the automatic ones that has a separate power source.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #23

Lordy, after reading this thread I feel like I'm driving a Model A! I have an early 211, K, I think, and an external ac powered hard drive. It powers up my Tailgater and I'm watching NFL crybaby billionaires sitting out the Anthem in just a few minutes.

OP, you should be happy with a Dish setup no matter what route you choose to go.

One thing does annoy me, though. At 3 a.m. I'm often awake. That's when Dish wants to update everything. The process takes over a half an hour, with the bulk of it going to checking the hard drive. Painfully slow. I used to think downloading the program schedule was slow. Not compared to the hard drive check. Maybe that's due to my ageing setup.

Got to check out the new receivers. Currently I use an HDMI cable for the living room TV and composite for the bedroom. I bought an HDMI splitter but haven't tried it out yet. If I can hog the thread a minute, has anyone used that splitter with the 211?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
One thing does annoy me, though. At 3 a.m. I'm often awake. That's when Dish wants to update everything. The process takes over a half an hour, with the bulk of it going to checking the hard drive. Painfully slow. I used to think downloading the program schedule was slow. Not compared to the hard drive check. Maybe that's due to my ageing setup.
You can change the update time in the settings.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
You can change the update time in the settings.
By George, you are thanked! I'd looked for that a long time ago and didn't find it. Just did.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote