Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #21

I just set up my trailer with 8"x8"x16" cinder blocks last weekend. Made a setup in front of the wheels and a set behind the wheels....that's 4 locations. First levelled the earth with a rake and set down a 18" sq patio stone from HD. The 24" sq are too heavy for an old guy to lug around. Then set 2 cinder blocks on the patio stone side by side facing the same direction as the trailer sits. Then 2 more cinder blocks on top of the first two, side by side facing across the trailer so the rails are supported across the width of the blocks. Then used a heavy duty bottle jack raised off the ground on a tree stump to jack the trailer up an inch or so. Then used various thicknesses of wood cut 8''x16" as shims to fill in the gap and then lowered the trailer on to the support you've created. I'm now working on a similar support for the stabilizer jacks front and back. In my photo above, you can see the patio stones and the cinder block/wood supporting the stabilizers. My site slopes some what to the back, so the trailer sits high at the rear end, so actually had to use 6 blocks per support behind the wheels. Good thing my strapping son was helping, that's a lot of lifting heavy blocks. Remember, the cinder building blocks sit so the opening within them is vertical....lay them on their side and the space in them my collapse because of the weight.

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308rets View Post
We have our 2012 308 RETS on a seasonal site and love it. TT is on cinderblocks, although I think we'll need to re-level her as the ground shifts a little over the winter months. 4" PVC plumbed into the septic system. Built a nice deck the full lenght of the camper with table, chairs & gas grille on the deck. This allows everything to flow. My wife planted flowers & put in a fountain at the front of our RV. We leave the fridge on while gone, but turn the water off when we are not there. Perfect set up for us. Show up Friday Night after work, open the door & hit the button for the awning! Life is good! Oh, the beverages are already cold when we get there.
Same at my seasonal site as well…

Instead of cement blocks, I use large patio stones and use 6-ton axle stands. 4 x stands down each frame rail. Next time around, I'd use 12 ton axle stands. Other than this, all works great as well…
Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #23

Worked hard this weekend and got Minnie Bee situated on the seasonal site!Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	8831Click image for larger version

Views:	38
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	8830Click image for larger version

Views:	39
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	8829Click image for larger version

Views:	35
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	8832Click image for larger version

Views:	33
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	8833

Replacement: 2013 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS

2010 Honda Ridgeline
1988 Perris Pacer "Bean" (molded fiberglass camper)
PugMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #24

Nice! Looks like you're settled in PugMom.
Here's a few of ours.
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	8837 Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	8838 Click image for larger version

Name:	gnome.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	8839 Click image for larger version

Name:	can u c.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	8840 Click image for larger version

Name:	croak.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	8841 Click image for larger version

Name:	hiwypi.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	8842
The people who had the site before us left a couple deck pieces we were able to reuse but the rest of the space was a mix of patchy grass and mud so I spread 3 yards of mulch to keep the maintenance and mess away.
And of course, a must have, the garden gnomes
My sister bought us the toad... it croaks when you walk by so I "hid" it in the grass... scares the daylights out of some people
And my parents bought us the "Home Is Where You Park It" sign.

Since then we've also built up the fire pit, got our camp sign here http://www.carvingblock.com/ , transplanted some more hastas, hung some rope lights...
we can't get enough of it we love it! And our friends were able to get a site right next to us.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #25

Love the look of the mulch! And the croaking toad is priceless!!!! Beautiful job!!!

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 07-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #26

What are the normal fees for seasonal caming? And do you leave them there year round? Do you have to mowe?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #27

Each regional has different CG Rates. They have different time intervals and some include electricity and some don't. re: Some has a meter at their electrical plug-in. For some CGs in a winter flood zone, you must remove the camper during winter storage months. And for other places, their camper can remain in the same spot. Some charge winter storage fee and some don't. For my seasonal CG site, they charge $400 for winter storage (7 months) but if one stays the next year, they subtract this amount from next years seasonal fee. Thus, free winter storage - if one remains the next year. Do call around because CG rates even in same location dramatically vary. And, their rules can dramatically vary as well.
Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #28

Good question, William. This is our first year as a seasonal camper and I wondered how our fee compared to others. Depending on where in the camp the site is ----$1600, 2100, and $2500 a year. Camping season is April 15-Oct 15. Campers can be kept all year on the lot---in Nov. a $300 deposit is due for the following season--with balance due in Jan. ALL Sites have electric, water and sewer (no extra charge for these utilities). Spaces are 30 ft. Wide.

Tenants are in charge of providing their own pad--gravel, rock, cement, nothing, etc. We are also required to mow every two weeks ---we just bought a $79 rotary push mower.

There is also a marina (where boats can be kept for additional charge). With access to Missouri River. The camp is being completely renovated ---has pool, hot tub, playground, basketball court, sand volleyball, showers, tennis. When completed will have laundry room, exercise facility (extra cost), little store, etc.

Some of the previous tenants have "mentioned " that the fees were lower with previous owner. But frankly, we don't have all that many places to camp around here--and those we have are always FULL ---it's a headache to get a place!

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #29

Ours is $2200 a year, includes water and sewer. Electric is billed separately in July and October (we're told can run anywhere from $100 to $300 a year)
Our season is from 4/15 to 10/15. Can open sooner and close later depending on when the ground freezes and thaws. You can leave your camper all year and come and go as you please but the water is turned off for the winter.
My property doesn't have much grass and the campground mows anyway but I did buy an extra $30 weed whacker to keep up there for a tighter look. I'm OCD though :hihi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
Love the look of the mulch! And the croaking toad is priceless!!!! Beautiful job!!!
And thanks PugMom,
I had to put the before and after pictures. We love the look too, the mulch spruced it up quite a bit.
And our friend surprised us and pressure washed the deck. The whole thing looks like the couple new pieces I had to replace. The deck looks brand new!!
This keeps getting better
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote