Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #11
So much depends on how you use your TT. For us we would have liked a second door directly to the bathroom, but not having it gave us many more "must haves" on our list.

The outdoor kitchen was of no value to us, in fact we essentially ruled out trailers with this option. We had 3 primary reasons it didn't work for us...

1) We wanted Quad Bunks arranged two per side. The outdoor generally eliminated the lower bunk on the awning side - no bueno for this family.
2) Often we camp with 3 other families and set up a community kitchen to share meal responsibilities. We have been doing this since before anyone had a TT and one of the great pleasures of camping together.
3) We rarely camp with full hookups so an electric only fridge is virtually useless.

Think about how you camp and where you camp to determine if you will get the value from either option.

Oh, another reason we didn't want an outdoor kitchen us we camp in bear county often. Didn't want the smell of cooking so close to where my kids sleep. The 30 yards or so to the camp kitchen we setup provided a nice safety margin.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #12
Originally Posted by jkochmit1 View Post
I have no need for an outdoor kitchen because if its not raining I cook exclusively on charcoal or wood for every meal.
Like this Guy above....

If you are cooking on weber now, I'm guessing you may not like a gas grill. I used one for years, a very expensive one, and it cooked well....but now I use a Kamado at home with Charcoal lump and a Weber Jumbo Joe with lump at camp. Its not as fast, I will grant you that, and you have ashes and fuel to deal with, but results are astounding as you know.

I usually have a LOT of stuff for cooking myself and plenty for everyone to drink, so we have two coolers just for that stuff. Your needs may vary.

Dirkdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #13
IMO the outdoor kitchen is up to the individual. As for the 2nd door, about the only time we use it is when we leave. DW brings in the living room slide first, then the bedroom slide and exits that door. One of the recliners has to be moved in front of the front door in order to close the slide, so it's not available to exit from.

And maybe most importantly, it's another exit in case of fire. Much quicker, safer and easier than an exit window.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #14
We just got a trailer with an outdoor kitchen. I do most of my cooking outside. Previously I used a coleman stove and a two table setup for most of my cooking, but it was necessary to find a level spot, with some shade and Hubby had to shim up the legs to make sure the stove was level. The outdoor kitchen should save a lot of set up time and effort and I love the idea of a handy "drink" fridge. ( I will probably keep condiments in there too since we eat outside unless its raining)

utbgcamper mom is offline   Reply With Quote