Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #1

securing rear chairs

I have a 2012 29 RLDS I was wondering how others secure the chairs when traveling? The one chair will stay in place with the slide in but the chair closest the door moves a lot. I have been turning them with their backs against the table in between them and putting a bungee around them to hold them in place but I noticed it is wearing a hole in back of the chair from rubbing against the table,
My friends Dutchman has hooks to secure them but my Jayco does not have them

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:33 PM   #2

Different trailer than yours but in mine, we are supposed to flip both recliners upside down on the couch. There is a strap that tucks down in the cushions that we are supposed to strap them down with.
I don't have the strength to do that every time. Mostly we just let the chair next to the door float. It hasn't caused a problem yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:07 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. My couch doesn't have straps to do that and I doubt I would do that every time. The slide holds 1 chair in place so I guess I will just try and maybe put a door stop under the bottom frame of the chair.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #4

I kind of have the opposite problem. My wife and I both find it hard to slide the chair closest to the slide across to the door. We both have joint problems. So we've been experimenting with putting things like carpet samples (upside down - carpet side down) under the base of the chair to make it easier to slide. Haven't really found anything that works well yet.
Also haven't figured out a solution for some type of table between the chairs when camped. Next trip we're going to try a simple folding TV Tray from the house. I wanted to put those fold down plastic cup holders on the wall next to the chairs. I thought they were pretty cool but my wife said "TACKY - um NO".
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #5

Our 29rlds was pre-owned when we purchased it and the previous owners changed out the factory chairs for a couple of really nice REALLY HEAVY recliners that do NOT move in transit.
One solution for you
tshirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
fjd

We have a 298 RLDS which probably has the same setup as you. Two heavy recliners that have a tendency to spin and knock into things and also open the recliner by itself. I turn the recliners back inward and push them up to the little coffee table which is mounted to the floor. This keeps them from apining for the most part. I also when traveling open the window shade so if the recliner did spin it doesnt bend up the shades. I haven't solved the recliner opening up by itself yet but haven'thaven't really put much energy into it either. I am guessing a strap or length of rope around the base would work easy and cheaply enough. You can't lift the chair from the back becsise it disconnects so you need to push it walk it into place.
Just a few of my thoughts.
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #7

ours has 2 recliners and we have a cover for the back of one of them that came with the camper. We place them back to back and strap around the base of the back and it seems to work well
Old 06-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #8
fjd

Such a simple idea - now why didnt i think of that. Thanks - im going to try a simple strap back to back next week.
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #9

Well not really my idea .... that's the way it came to us and it has worked nice that way... if you don't have a cover for the back of one you could throw a movers blanket or something similar in between them to keep the backs from chaffing against each other
Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #10

We have a 265RLSW with two recliners in the rear, separated by the little built in coffee table (really the cover for the power cord holding area I believe). They are heavy with wide round bases and hard to move. I just move them a little when we travel to make sure they don't swing into the blinds or hit the slide when it is pulled in and have found they don't budge at all during transit. It came with straps and tie downs to the floor but I don't use them.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote