Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 AM   #11

I can think of no good reason to arbitrarily prohibit poo in the black tank. Just keep the tank wet and flushed, and there will be no problems, right? Try the Geo method on old tanks, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy tank operation can be. It's just raw sewerage... No big deal. We all have real problems with our TTs to worry about, an artificially created "poo is nasty" problem isn't one of them.

Camp on and have fun! It's just poo.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:15 AM   #12
Site Team

Fill up a gallon bucket with water and manually pour it in the bowl while holding the flush lever down.

Something is not right with it.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #13

We use our tanks for poo. One thing we were told years ago was to make sure to add at least 10% water to the tank after dumping. So if one has a 60 gallon tank, make sure to add 6 gallons of water. Also was suggested to do a squirt of blue Dawn every other dumping. And if traveling, put a large bag of ice (minus the bag of course) in the tank to help clear the sides.

What type of toilet treatment product are folks using? Just curious.
USMC Veterans
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post

Once upon a time there was such a thing as a recirculating toilet but I've never seen one in an RV. They were only used on boats as far as I know. Even with those, the water was looked blue and not brown,.
I am working in a shop that services Prevost coach buses and they still use the recirculating toilet... The concept is disgusting but still widely used. Glad RV's have moved away from that setup! They are nothing more then rolling port a potties...

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
I can think of no good reason to arbitrarily prohibit poo in the black tank.
Because SWMBO says so - so let it be written, so let it be done...

Which I realise is stupid because she ain't the one out dumping the tanks...
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
I can think of no good reason to arbitrarily prohibit poo in the black tank. Just keep the tank wet and flushed, and there will be no problems, right? Try the Geo method on old tanks, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy tank operation can be. It's just raw sewerage... No big deal. We all have real problems with our TTs to worry about, an artificially created "poo is nasty" problem isn't one of them.

Camp on and have fun! It's just poo.
I agree. Having my own full bathroom is half the reason we have a TT. I can't imagine going into a nasty truck stop bathroom when I have a perfectly good clean one in the TT. And I know my wife would never tolerate having to do that.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #17
Site Team

SHMBO, she who must be odd?

My buddies wife wanted a rv without a kitchen because she does not cook?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #18

Everywhere we've camped so far, has had unusually nice vault toilets. We use them when they're available. As we get more into off grid camping, we'll use our own bathroom as intended.

Someone asked what people are using in their tanks, I have some of this stuff, couple different 'flavors' if that's the correct term.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately the way they packed this, when I cut open the box, my knife went straight through the bag inside and those things are STRONG smelling. It also dyed the 'contents' of the black tank pink which surprised me a bit when I went to the dump station last time.. not the color I was expecting. Product seems to work well.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
We use our tanks for poo. One thing we were told years ago was to make sure to add at least 10% water to the tank after dumping. So if one has a 60 gallon tank, make sure to add 6 gallons of water. Also was suggested to do a squirt of blue Dawn every other dumping. And if traveling, put a large bag of ice (minus the bag of course) in the tank to help clear the sides.

What type of toilet treatment product are folks using? Just curious.
Yup.. Add plenty of water after dumping and flushing. Although we have public facilities at our seasonal CG, Dw and I prefer to use our own.

I use the Dometic 3 N 1 dissolvable tank cleaner/treatment pouches. So far so good. Drop one in the bowl full of water after tank dump/flush, let it dissolve in the bowl then flush it down. I probably use 2 pouches between tank dumps. One right away, then another when tank reads 1/2 full.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #20
Site Team

We add nothing that nature does not provide except tp.