Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

Sewer & Snowstorm pics

I was told to go home from work yesterday due to an impending snowstorm, so I used the time to finally install my permanent sewer connection (just in time to dump the black tank), I used 2 rubber 90 degree connections 1 rubber straight connector and 2-8' pieces of 3" PVC. The ~15" of straight PVC I cut off the horizontal I attached to the vertical that went right into the city sewer line nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP2277.jpg   IMGP2279.jpg   IMGP2280.jpg   IMGP2283.jpg  
gratefulbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #2

Nice way to handle a crapy problem.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #3

What is that, about 3" of snow? Its so funny to me how snow affects the southerners. Everything closes down for just a dusting. I get it, but things dont close down here until we have reached blizzard conditions for more than 3 hours, or 12 plus inches of snow at one time...

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #4

Looks good, Bruce. Just make sure you don't have more than 1/4 inch drop per foot otherwise the water will flow passed the solid waste and leave it in the pipe.
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
What is that, about 3" of snow? Its so funny to me how snow affects the southerners. Everything closes down for just a dusting. I get it, but things dont close down here until we have reached blizzard conditions for more than 3 hours, or 12 plus inches of snow at one time...
To the OP, nice setup! Some day I might use those ideas for something at the home base...

Speaking as a "southerner" (a transplant really), we're not equipped to handle that down here. Most of the time, it's ice as opposed to snow. Not a single person owns tire chains (most don't even know what they are), we use sand or gravel to combat the ice on bridges (which ices up again very quickly in the right weather) or de-icing agents (also doesn't last long), there are no plows anywhere except attached to the front of construction or heavy farm equipment. So you see, we just don't have the tools to deal with it, and it's cheaper to just close the office and send people home the one or two days a year that it gets icy than to maintain the necessary equipment to deal with it.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #6

Crappy job for a crappy day. Might recommend putting some heater tape on that PVC. You might get a lot of condensation build up inside the pipe that will freeze, causing a plug, that would not be fun to clean out.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Speaking as a "southerner" (a transplant really), we're not equipped to handle that down here. Most of the time, it's ice as opposed to snow. Not a single person owns tire chains (most don't even know what they are), we use sand or gravel to combat the ice on bridges (which ices up again very quickly in the right weather) or de-icing agents (also doesn't last long), there are no plows anywhere except attached to the front of construction or heavy farm equipment. So you see, we just don't have the tools to deal with it, and it's cheaper to just close the office and send people home the one or two days a year that it gets icy than to maintain the necessary equipment to deal with it.
I understand... Im not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just find it funny. We deal with ice too and sometimes I dont think we are equipped to handle it either. There were a few years where the local governments ran out of money for snow removal, so only main roads/highways were getting plowed on the weekends and overnights. Of course, the recent pile up on I94 near Kalamazoo shows we are not perfect in this weather either...

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #8

Laugh all you want to, this is last years snow storm:
Attached Thumbnails
Jan14Snow2.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #9

Yep, we got that same blizzard up in Birmingham, LOL...
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
I understand... Im not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just find it funny. We deal with ice too and sometimes I dont think we are equipped to handle it either. There were a few years where the local governments ran out of money for snow removal, so only main roads/highways were getting plowed on the weekends and overnights. Of course, the recent pile up on I94 near Kalamazoo shows we are not perfect in this weather either...

LOL! No feathers ruffled here! It's almost comical how bad we are with icy and snowy weather down here. You know it's bad when the de-icing trucks are playing skating rink and get stuck on the overpass. It happened last winter, the poor driver had to be rescued. Ok, I guess it's not that funny, maybe a bit sad...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote