Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #11
What make sense to me:

Keep the elbow in a plastic bucket until you use it at the dump station. When you use the blackwater hose, keep it as straight as possible rather than having a lot of unneeded turns in it. Make the slope continuous in a downward direction - no sags to collect gunk. There are plastic props available for that purpose but you can use rocks, wood, or whatever. Follow the 1st dump with closing the valve and put more fresh water into the black tank (with flush toilet mechanism) and then open the black valve again. Close the black valve and dump the grey water. You can do a better job than this, but it seems to work OK and the hose gets rinsed. Do get rubber gloves and maybe hand sanitizer...

skidsjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Originally Posted by lhpelton View Post
I suggest getting a good hose kit for hooking up at a CG that has sewer connections, and using the included one at dump stations.
I have this kit. Amazon.com: Camco 39761 RhinoFLEX 15' Sewer Hose Kit with Swivel Fitting: Automotive
and a clear 45 as well.

Get a box of gloves too!!

This is exactly what I did including the clear 45 adapter. Both the RhinoFLEX and the cheapy that came with the trailer when we picked it up fit in the bumper, though it helps to make sure the RhinoFLEX is completely compressed before you put the seal caps on each end of it. Otherwise you will waste some time trying to figure out why it's not fitting in the bumper again....

TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, 3.21, Factory Air Suspension/Tow Pkg, Andersen WD/SC
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
I'm VERY happy with our Rhino Flex sewer hose! That and a good hose support makes life more enjoyable when making a connection at a full service site!

HaPPy Travels!
krcarter54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:19 AM   #14
mine came with the elbow
I had to buy another set as the last site were on, the sewage was at the FRONT of the trailer...(who the heck designs these sites LOL)

the elbow actually threads on to the sewage cap in the ground (usually, some sites might not have this) and twists on to the hose so there should be no leaks...just empty your grey AFTER your black, so you flush out the hose with cleaner water
2006 FORD F-150 (4X4, CREW CAB)
scottraycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #15
We just purchased a 2016 HT 27.5 Rlts and are on our maiden voyage. I can't find the black tank valve. Our walk thru was pretty lame. The manual says it may be inside the trailer. So far the manual hasn't been very helpful. Any help is appreciated.
DavidJAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #16
Site Team
Never heard of one on the inside?
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #17
Rhino Flex is great hose and the ends easily fit into the bumper for storage. Good idea someone mentioned to have a white hose for water and green hose for dump purposes and "never the two will meet".

2010 Jayco31rks -Jay Flight G2
2011 Silverado 2500HD - Duramax 6.6 Turbo Diesel
Allison Transmission
Reese Dual Cam
Canine Travelers - Emmy & Rocky
fayliaa is offline   Reply With Quote