Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #1

Shakey Table legs

The table in our TT is not very sturdy. Is there a way to fix that? Would installation of top and bottom thingees that you force the leg into help any? Current ones are black plastic, not aluminum. Also, is there maybe a bracket you can attach to the wall that would steady the top?
DW is really putting the pressure on to make it like a real home table.
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #2

We've been going through the same frustrations. I've been diligent about tightening the screws on the bases, but what I've found that works best is to keep it off unless we are using it, and especially when driving. I put it in a storage location with a bungee cord when I drive, and that less stress it gets while driving keeps it much more stable when I do use it. We also like how open the room feels with the table stowed.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #3

I had too take mine back for warranty repair when they installed it they stripped the screws out that hold the base
robertkellar79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:22 PM   #4

I've been looking at the same issue. We have the horseshoe dinette. Being the middle section against the wall is removable, I'm thinking of removing that, ditching the plastic pucks in the floor and building a nice larger table. The freestanding dinette tables we had in the past were pretty stable and screwed down to the floor. Might do that. Could also consider adding a 3rd or 4th puck to stabilize. It's not high on the list now, but just batting around ideas.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #5

We have a Jayflight 26rks and it had a wobbly 2leg table also. After our first trip we had to take the TT to the dealer for some warranty things, and I complained about the table and asked if Jayco would do anything about it because it seems like a poor design. He thought maybe a third leg but Jayco probably wouldn't cover it but he would try. Well Jayco wouldn't allow them to do that, they had them replace the plastic pucks with aluminum ones, the dealer called and said they did that and it hardly changed anything. They went ahead and put a third leg on it because they wanted to see how it works because a lot of people are complaining about it. Well it works very well, it's a difference between nite and day. I would highly recommend it. We have the u shaped dinette.
don648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #6

I had the same problem and my solution was not very high tech. I painted two 2x2s and cut them to the length equal to the height from the bottom of the table to the floor and attached them to the wall on each end. Well, that stopped the one side from being pushed down but didn't stop the upward motion of the other side when the table was pressed down (that probably doesn't make any sense ). So, I added angle brackets to the 2x2s and the bottom of the table and that helped stabilize the top, but not 100% however, it is much better and the 2x2s are not as noticeable as you might think. Hope this all makes sense...if interested, let me know and I'll post pictures.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #7

We had the same problem. I took a old broken folding chair and used one of the legs, hammered the two ends flat at the right angle and used the screws under the table and at the window. Works great. We don't ever take the table down, but if we had to it wouldn't be to bad.
Attached Thumbnails
table support.jpg  
Old 02-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by don648 View Post
We have a Jayflight 26rks and it had a wobbly 2leg table also. After our first trip we had to take the TT to the dealer for some warranty things, and I complained about the table and asked if Jayco would do anything about it because it seems like a poor design. He thought maybe a third leg but Jayco probably wouldn't cover it but he would try. Well Jayco wouldn't allow them to do that, they had them replace the plastic pucks with aluminum ones, the dealer called and said they did that and it hardly changed anything. They went ahead and put a third leg on it because they wanted to see how it works because a lot of people are complaining about it. Well it works very well, it's a difference between nite and day. I would highly recommend it. We have the u shaped dinette.

Did your table start with 2 legs? Where did they place the 3rd leg? I don't have a u-shaped one and I'm assuming the 3rd leg went in between the 2 existing. I really don't see how that would help much. Was it maybe that and the alunimum pucks??

A while back I saw a rail that screwed to the wall and one to the table with a j end on the table one that layed onto the wall rail. Can't find it on the internet again....anyboby know who might sell that? Anybody used that system??

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Old 02-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #9

We have a white hawk 24RKS and it had the same problem. The White Hawk 33BHBS has a collapsible table. We kept our same table top, dealer ordered the legs at no charge to us plus mailed it. My husband attached the legs to the floor using nylon straps using the original holes in the floor. It's not perfect but better than it was. Just shoot me a line if you want pictures.
Ozkamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #10

On our u shaped dinette it had two legs one toward each bench that face eachother and tbey added one in the middle and toward the center bench forming a triangle. It took 90% of the wobble away.
don648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by don648 View Post
On our u shaped dinette it had two legs one toward each bench that face eachother and tbey added one in the middle and toward the center bench forming a triangle. It took 90% of the wobble away.
Thanks, Don. My legs are front to back with no good option to make the triangle like you have. Guess I'll keep looking for that wall rail hookup. It's gotta be there somewhere unless I was dreaming.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Old 02-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #12

Something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Teardrop-Cargo...VB3X1YJZF0D9GC

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Something like this?
Robot Check
Troutslayer-
That's exactly what I was looking for!! Perfect. You are the man. Thanks.
I'll order one tonite.

Happy RVing,
Jeff