Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #11
If I was making the purchase over again I would do exactly what you're doing. If the fridge and air work when you pic it up chances are you're good. That was my only concern.
Ill test the waters about trading the 26BH at the RV shows,,,,If I can't get a reasonable offer I'll just wait and clean it up when the weather turns and offer if up for sale. (it's like new anyway) When it sells I'll travel to find one set up like we like it....or order from one of the online dealers.......

Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #12
My experience with the laminate floors has been horrible. We had a 2010 Forest River Surveyor. My wife was nagging me this past fall to buy a new trailer for size. I resisted until one day I stepped on the stairs and it pushed down. Determined that water had gotten in somewhere and destroyed the floor integrity. I spoke with the service manager where we bought it and he said, "patch it and sell it". We bought a 2014 Jayflight 32BHDS and LOVE it. The ultra-lite was very nice for towing but in the end, I don't believe they will have near the longevity of a conventional build.

mschaef2813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:08 AM   #13
IMO the service policies of RV manufacturers and dealers is pathetic. If one of our Fords has a problem (fat chance!) in warranty I go to any Ford dealer. Nobody asks me where I bought it, they just schedule me and in a day or two, I'm in.

But Chevy owners would know more about that.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #14
Granted it's only a year old, but we've had no issues with our WH. While we were looking for our TT we also looked at several Jay Flights and thought the fit and finish was about the same. The floors are solid throughout...
Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2016 Eagle 323LKTS
2016 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2015 White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition (Traded)
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #15
Just bought a 27DSRL and anxious to hit the road. The configuration is perfect for my wife and I and our Jack Russel. Love the back seating area. A bit far from the Television, but it will work. I will look into the matter of soft floors however. But again, my wife and I combined only weigh 258 lbs. The arrangement of the trailer is just perfect for our needs. Love the two entries, especially useful when needing to stop and use the lav. For my 2 cents it is certainly worth a serious look.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
...But Chevy owners would know more about that.
Hey now, that's not right...And Ford stealerships have much larger service depts. than Chevy...Now Ram owners really know more about that...

Got to love that rivalry between truck owners...

2014 Jay Flight Swift 294 BHS
2012 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #17
So from this dealers attitude should I assume, if I moved to there area, they would give me crappy service ? Why would I ever buy anything from them?
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #18
I cant speak for the WH but I can for the Jay Flight lol. We upgraded from a pop up to a TT this past fall. We went with the 26RLS...as my name implies lol. We have only used it a few times before our camping season ended but DW and I absolutely LOVE IT. The lay out is what attracted us to it, the craftsmanship is what sold us on it. So glad we pulled the trigger and upgraded!!
Wally26RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
As you can see in our signature we have a White Hawk 27DSRL. We love the floorplan for us and big dog; and are quite happy with the quality after almost 2 years.
It tows very well.

The similar Jay Flight is new for 2015. I would get that if I were in the market now.
I miss the tables on each side of the bed and the Jay Flight has bigger black and grey tanks, which is a plus.

I do like the outside fridge on our trailer and the front storage compartment is much larger than on the 2BH.

It would not be worth the money I would lose on a trade in to get the Jay Flight so I will be quite happy with what I have.
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Litre DoubleCab
6 speed, 4.30 Limited Slip, Tow Package
2013 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #20
We also have a WH DSRL. We bought it in early Fall so we only had a chance to use it a couple of times. Such an upgrade from our previous TT that we haven't had a chance to regret anything. We looked at the flight but bought the WH because of the style. Went to a dealer about an hour away instead of the Jay Flight from our local dealer. No regrets here!

Dan & Christine (and Molly)
2015 GMC Sierra 4WD Crew Cab Short Bed with Max Trailer Pkg
2015 Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote