Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by peobey View Post
Bamboo
No, they are not bamboo. I just looked them up. They are made from fibres of 90% mixed softwoods and 10% mixed hardwoods. And they aren't thick like bamboo cutting boards. They are thin like these sink covers.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #42

Sink cover

Walked into our local Jayco dealer yesterday and they had ordered several sets of the sink covers for CAD$55. Grabbed a set and now I'm happy.

Mine are different from iplumb's though as the larger one has large slots in it. I figure if I'm washing veggies in the small sink, I can set them on the large side to drain into the sink while still allowing a few dirty dishes under the cover in the sink.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Walked into our local Jayco dealer yesterday and they had ordered several sets of the sink covers for CAD$55. Grabbed a set and now I'm happy.

Mine are different from iplumb's though as the larger one has large slots in it. I figure if I'm washing veggies in the small sink, I can set them on the large side to drain into the sink while still allowing a few dirty dishes under the cover in the sink.

Nice! I was disappointed mine didn't have the slots they said they would. I just figured they had changed them....
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Nice! I was disappointed mine didn't have the slots they said they would. I just figured they had changed them....
They probably have changed them. This dealer may have ordered them awhile back. We didn't buy our trailer from them since they couldn't get us a unit until October, so this is the first time we've stepped in there since we bought last summer.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:25 AM   #45

We don't have a sink cover but the two times we've used our JF 23rb this year I took along a Formica/over plywood cutout from double sink that I had here at the house from when the kitchen countertops were redone. I set it over the stove area for more countertop room. It extends a little over the one sink bowl so I'm having my carpenter S-I-L cut it down to the correct size.
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
I went to Wal Mart, bought two cutting boards (plastic) for less than $19 and cut them to shape, sanded and polished edges. They look great. I did it this way because I was not aware there were already custom fit ones available.
Oops.

I did that too. Came out nice.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #47

I did the same thing as mike837go but I bought only a small one that I didn't have to cut. It fits the small side of the sink perfectly which allows me to have access to the larger side of the sink in case I need it. The cutting board I bought is the same plastic which is pretty heavy duty (I have heard that the ones made for the sinks are a little flimsy). I also bought a stove cover that can provide more counter space if needed but of course has to be off when using the stove or the oven.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #48

guess I should feel good, before we bought the trailer i noticed there were no sink covers, and ask the salesman where they were. he didn't know, but said he would order in a set and I wasn't charged for them
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #49

I made mine out of some old pine shelving. I did one side, but the piece of wood I have isn't wide enough for the other side, so while the glue is setting, I'm posting my results.

I'll coat it with some mineral oil or something when I'm done. It gives it a nice butcher block appearance. Since the shelf was just sitting in the scrap wood pile in my garage, the total cost of this project was just the time I put into it.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #50

...And here's the finished look. all of the edges are 1/4" radius with the router and sanded.

I screwed up the little bump-out in the upper left corner, but this will do exactly what we want it to. Not bad for an afternoon's work, using was was basically scrap wood.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #51
Site Team

One reason we don't use ours is somehow every now and then someone would turn on the faucet while they were in place.

Now that's a NO NO!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
One reason we don't use ours is somehow every now and then someone would turn on the faucet while they were in place.

Now that's a NO NO!
That's why only 1 side has a cover and the aerator is normally positioned over the other side. It's not that mistakes can't happen, but they are fewer. And less messy.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote