Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Repair siding

I had one of those very small tears in my siding dur to something blowing into the side while it was at my storage location. The tear was about an inch long running vertically down 1 piece of siding. It did dent the piece of siding on the top of the torn piece but only slightly. It was necessary to remove one of the bedroom windows to complete the repairs. Total cost $3200.00. There is no such thing as a small tear or dent when you start talking about insurance claims and repairs.

1mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
Thumbs up

Finally got the tt back after 5 weeks at the dealer (was supposed to be 1 1/2 weeks) But i do have to say the results looks great! The dealer did a great job and can't tell that the slide area of the trailer had to be disassembled and put back again. (had my doubts at one point)

Jaycojenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Originally Posted by leoslaton View Post
I finally took pictures to a Jayco repair shop and got the same bad news. The shop foreman advised me to not even try. The trim at the slide can be removed only by removing the slide or "pushing it in a couple of inches'. I have no idea how to do this so will look into a body putty job. I still need a paint code but Jayco says they do not have one for trailers (seems odd) so I should take it to a paint shop. Sigh.
Go in to a good body shop or a body shop supply house they may have a digital paint reader... that they place on the paint and it gives the formula for making exact match paint... then they can mix you up a spray can ..... I did this last year and got an exact match... the large spray can cost me $50.00 but I felt it was well worth the $$$

2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote