Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2015, 08:28 AM   #1

Slide not flush when retracted

Hi Everyone!

My name is Bret, and I am new to owning a Jayco. Recently sold my old 19ftTerry and put a down payment on a 26ft Jayco bunk house with a slide. I just picked it up yesterday, got it home and parked it and extended the slide out when we started to load it up. I love it, its great, however when I went to close the slide back in when we were done loading it and I dont want to store it with the slide out extended, it seems to to sit more flush on the front side of the slide then the rear.. I can fit 2 fingers between the slide and the trailer on the back side of it, and can hardly squeeze one in between the front half of the slide. I am new to using a slide out, so I thought I would ask if there is any simple reason for this? I really dont want to tow it back down to my dealer to have them fix it if Its something I can do myself.

Thanks for all the help!
50TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:43 AM   #2

slides have adj bolts for in-out, up-down. Your slide mfg will have manuals on the subject. Can turn into a can of worms if not done correct.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Again this is the type problem that was not detected on the dealer lot. Personally, I would not be attempting a slide adjustment on a new rig. The dealer should be the one working on this problem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #4

I'm not certain they re supposed to fit FLUSH, are they? I believe they stick out slightly from the side. Can someone confirm this?
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
Site Team

There is a rubber gasket all the way around that should be compressed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:09 PM   #6

Not sure of what unit you have, but our slide is powered by "power gear". Basicly its a big set of gear teeth driven by an electric motor. What I noticed, is if the brake on the back of the motor is off, the bottom of the slide will wonder out a finger or two in depth. If you have the same type, you may look under the camper at the slide motor and just make sure the brake isnt off (just a lever on the back side of the motor itself). If its an electric over hydrolic system, not sure how to help. Good Luck! and welcome to the forum!

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:20 PM   #7

I would take it back to the dealer and have them adjust it. If the slide comes in like it should the slide floor will tip up from one end to the other. The leading edge of our street side slide doesn't come in as you describe and it rubs on the kitchen floor leaving drag marks when we put it out after travel. We were told there is no adjustment left from three different dealers so we just live with it.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote