Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #1

slide wiper seal replaced

The slide wiper on my 2012 Jayco 29RLDS had to be replaced due to the metal teeth in the top part rusting and the seal not holding in place.
I replaced it today and everything went well but the corners are not tight on the slide, the teeth are on the track like it is suppose to be. The seal is in place on the track but when it goes around the corner of the slide there is a small gap. I don't remember if the old seal had a gap in the corners or not. when the slide is closed there is a seal on the slide itself to keep the water out and 2 rain gutters above it. When the slide is out it seals fine against the inside of the trailer and I cannot see any light coming in anywhere. So am I O.K. with the gap in the swipe seal. I THINK it only sweeps the slide when you close it and not really a seal. Am I right or wrong?

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #2

On both our slides we have gaps on the corners. Don't think that there is a problem. During the rainy season we don't have any leaks what so ever.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #3

We did ours last year. We put a good bead of silicone in the corners just in case.
hoosierhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #4

I am in the same condition with my seal on my 28BHDS and need to replace it. Where did you get yours?
Old 04-12-2015, 07:36 AM   #5

I got mine at the dealer. They said $3.00 a foot when I first checked. When I went to buy it they said they only sold it by the roll and that was a 36 FT roll. They gave me a discount because I bought my trailer there cost me $125.00.
Not hard to put on. When you take off the old stuff make sure you clean off all the rust from the track it goes on, I use a product called AWSOME. Once I had it installed I calked it all the way around so maybe it will help the water stay out.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #6

Thanks for the info, joe. I chose to go with Uni-Grip based on a few posts from other forums. Apparently Jayco gets their seals from Uni-Grip. I measured my seal and went to their web site and chose the one that looked the same and matched the dimensions. I called them and told them I had a Jayco travel trailer and before I could ask she told me I needed ED-50465 which is what I thought was the correct one. They come in 30' rolls and cost $105 plus shipping. She also suggested a bead of clear silicone sealant between the seal and slide to keep moisture out of the metal teeth that hold it in place. I hope to have my new seal installed in the next couple of weeks and will follow up if anything unusual happens during the repair.