Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #1

Slideout Question Jayco 28BHS

We have just purchased a 28BHS and although we have camped most of our life in a popup we have never had a slideout. We went from the dealer to storage and I noticed in side the opening at the top, inside the slideout, a mechanical lock device. When reading the manual it is not clear how to install this lock. I could not get it to hold in the opening but moved it to one side just inside the opening.
Is this the proper placement during the winter storage period?
Also there is a reference to needing one at the bottom of the slideout but no locking device was found. Does this also need the same locking device?

Thanks for any input on this as we are new to travel trailer stuff but love the upgrade after many years of family fun.
johndiwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
Site Team

What you are describing is a slide lock, mainly to be used while traveling to stabilize the top of the slide and seal the slide better. You can also use it during storage to get a tighter seal. There is no lock for the bottom, the slide mechanism takes care of that even though the label you are referring to says "top and bottom" which is a bit confusing. As for the placement of the slidelock, it goes in the opening at the top of the center cabinet, I put mine at an angle, the end that goes against the trailer wall being the high side of the angle and the side against the slide being lower. The ends of the slide lock will move back and forth when turned one way and will stay in place the other way. When placing the slide lock , make sure the ends are in the lock position, up and down or the lock will tend to push out when you tighten it and not hold.
And BTW, welcome top the forum!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote