Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #1

Small Fridge

Has anyone had trouble with the small electric fridge in the outdoor kitchen? I've only had this 2017 BHS for 2 weeks and I was checking it over today and the fridge is not running and is not cold. It has been on shore power all the time. Just got a cold drink from it a couple of days ago. Checked the fuses and breakers, no problems there. ??????????
Marteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #2

Check your GFCI plugs to see if anything tripped. Also, check to make sure it's actually plugged in. Try out the plug to make sure it's getting power (multimeter, electric probe, etc). Also, try plugging it into an extension cord from an outlet you know works.

If none of the above solve your issue, the fridge may be dead. You should be able to hear the compressor kick on, even on something that small. If it doesn't work, call the dealer and see if they'll order you another and take the other one back.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:26 AM   #3

When we picked up our new White Hawk in May the dealer told us they had to replace the outdoor kitchen fridge as it was dead when they tested it. Maybe they had a bad run on them.

They are just cheap little dorm fridges.
Tomminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #4

Small Fridge

I removed the Fridge today. Checked the outlet, no power. All breakers and fuses were good. Then I tripped the GCFI under the bathroom vanity. That did the trick, the outlet is working again. Still don't know what tripped it to start with but the problem is solved for now.
Marteau is offline   Reply With Quote