Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahflip View Post
Sorry so long to get back here, had some extended family circumstances to attend to first. Thanks for all that posted w/advice,opinions,encouragement etc. Well Good News, Good News! Submited my case/photos to Jayco and they responded quickly and favorably. Said "no worries" everything will be covered(acted like it was no big deal to handle). Jayco will replace the front wall of the TT at a time and dealer of my choosing. Jayco said they spoke to the sales dealership about the issue but did not bring up the subject of how it happened or the issue of the sticker coverup saying they did not want to establish blame. Jayco also said it was fine just to seal the cracks with sealant and use TT this season and repair in the fall to eliminate prime season downtime for us. Sales dealership contacted me and discussed the issue and for possible repairs. I tactfully brought up my concerns about the potential coverup(for their sake in the future) and they said they would discuss issue w/sales manager to try to understand situation and their role in it. I told them I would not be needing their services mainly due to the 7+hrs. one way commute for the repairs. I was glad to be getting the warranty work approved so easily so no reasons to point fingers, make accusations, and make a bigger issue. I got what I came for and that's good enough for us. I have some options as to local places that do Jayco warranty work such as Camping World and a smaller chain Colerain RV both around Indy(Jayco/Middlebury is only 3 1/2hrs. away...possibility?). Probably will wait till end of season for repairs so we can get some much anticipated camping time. Found it peculiar Jayco didn't assign me some kind of case# or claim authorization# for future reference. They said it was not needed. Any opinions as to quality of Camping World repair work etc? Also, is it wise to wait till end of season to repair or should I take advantage of the current "approved" repair situation before opinions/circumstances change as to Jayco's take on the matter.(i.e. the guy that approved the warranty work gets canned and the new guy doesn't agree with his assessment or they change their vote to patching not replacing). All I can say is I couldn't have been happier when I found out I would get a new TT front wall. Rather it not have happened but this is the next best thing. Sales dealership mentioned I may want to consider just repairing the damaged fiberglass(less invasive) instead of cracking the factory side wall seams and installing new front wall etc. I disagree and am for a full wall replacement. Any opinions/pros-cons on that from anyone here? Would it be better to have new wall installed in warm weather this year for good fit rather than colder weather(contraction of materials) and worry about the next summer heat expansion causing issues? Thanks again for the support and opinions. So far a satisfied and relieved Jayco customer.
We purchased our camper from Colerain. I've had our camper back for warranty work one time and a couple other issues that I resolved by taking back the defective piece and have them swap me (microwave). I also took the camper in for an estimate to fix hail damage. Their body shop guy was real nice and seemed really knowledgable. He was upfront with me about what was involved with fixing our camper and wrote the estimate and said he would fix it if we wanted him to, but he recommended that we didn't. He just said take the insurance money and take the hit when we go to sale the camper. That is what we did. I was hesitant to have him take both sides, both slides, and the front off our camper for just some hail dents and the fact it was 2+ years old and no leaks, just decided it wasn't worth the risk. Had we had a tear or something like that, it would have been a different circumstance.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #42

Glad it is working out cool heads do prevail, but at the time I would have been ready to punch some body in the face, but I do have a cool head.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote