Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #1

Sofa and floor replacement

My wife and I have a 2013 Jayco 266RKS travel trailer. As is true with many travel trailers, the sofa is not very comfortable. We were thinking of replacing the sofa with theater style reclining seating. We would also like to remove the small strip of carpeting just in front of the sofa (sofa sits in the slide along with fridge and wardrobe closet) and have vinyl flooring installed instead. I am curious if anyone has some recommendations for where to source seating meant for RVs and to have new flooring installed? We live in south Jersey but are willing to travel.

We did look at CW for the sofa replacement, but the locations we visited did not have anything in stock for us to try out. We weren't comfortable just ordering based upon a picture in their catalog.

Thanks for your help.
Festag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #2

I just did the change and my local CW said they would order one for me and if I did not like it when it came in they would just put it stock. I was told 4-6 weeks but that turned into 12weeks as it had to be built there were none in the CW system (so I was told) When it did arrive it was just what I was looking for, and is comfortable for me. There was carpet under the old couch and I just set this one in it's place.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2391.jpg   DSCN2392.jpg  
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #3

I have a 2016 23RLSW and I'm replacing the worthless sofa/bed with a love seat recliner I bought at a furniture store here in SoCal.

I'm limited on length, approx. 63", so it was a challenge finding something that would fit. The sofa backs come off so hopefully it will fit thru the door.

I may have to do a bit of extra disassembly if necessary. A wall hugger type was also in my requirements.

I'll also have to add a 30 amp cord conversion kit to be able to remove the cord storage box under the existing sofa/bed.

Don't limit yourself to just RV furniture.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely broaden our search to beyond typical RV furniture.
Festag1 is offline   Reply With Quote