Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #1

Soft floor at kitchen slide

We just did our PDI on our new 324 BHTS and found that the subfloor in front of the stove had a LOT of give. The tech is checking it out, but is saying that this may be normal?! Anybody else have this problem on kitchen slides?
Lessmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

Soft floor at kitchen slide

Subfloor? You pulled the vinyl flooring up? Subfloor should be plywood in jayflights. The slide out doesn't generally get any support until it's fully extended.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #3

Didn't have to, there is a good 1/2" give when you step on it. Service tech said it may be because they are no longer putting carpet along kitchen slide seem, and floor has to give a little for slide to pass through? Sounds like BS to me
Old 07-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #4

And it's an Eagle if that makes a difference. It's not the slide floor, but the main floor, just in front of the slide
Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #5

The eagle CERTAINLY will have a "real" floor made with plywood. As long as it's not water intrusion, no worries.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #6

I would hope it is not from water, the unit just rolled off assembly line 2 weeks ago. My husband thinks maybe they missed the floor joist when putting that row of screws down.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #7

I have same trailer and noticed a little give right in front of kitchen sink. I would almost say more of a creak than much give. Have not looked into it much yet as I was not overly concerned giving the symptom I heard and felt. Would be interested in what your dealer says about it.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #8

Evidently the subfloor is seamed right there and the factory missed screwing it down. They have to pull the kitchen slide completely out, pull up the linoleum, and screw down that piece. We bought in Michigan, and are traveling back home to Missouri, so will have to get it fixed when we get home. The dealership we bought from took pictures and is emailing them to me to give to dealership back home. Once I get them I will try to post on here.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #9

Well 21 months and a trip back to Michigan later, and my floor still isn't fixed! There is 4 inches of decking that was never installed and now the dealership is saying it has to go back to the factory. Jayco factory says they've already approved 12 hrs of labor for the dealer to fix it and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it. Meanwhile I'm 600 miles away with no camper and wondering what good my warranty is if I can't get anybody to fix what needs to be fixed! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessmore View Post
Didn't have to, there is a good 1/2" give when you step on it. Service tech said it may be because they are no longer putting carpet along kitchen slide seem, and floor has to give a little for slide to pass through? Sounds like BS to me
If the dealer is unwilling to repair, have Jayco authorize another shop. This dealer does not sound well qualified anyway. Just my opinion...
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7349 View Post
If the dealer is unwilling to repair, have Jayco authorize another shop. This dealer does not sound well qualified anyway. Just my opinion...
+1
Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #12

We have a 16 Eagle there is a seam that runs from dinning room side under island to in front of stove.Area separated and Jayco repaired attached is a drawing of the sub floor in a 2016 Eagle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Floor 2016 Jayco.pdf (26.6 KB, 20 views)
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #13

I can't even get the original person I talked to in the warranty dept at Jayco to call me back. I've called back every day for a solid week now, and have told to 3 other people, but they all tell me to wait until Kevin (original person) calls me back. I'm not interested in trying to deal with our local dealer. There are 4 Jayco dealers in a 100mi radius from us and 3 are owned by the same people. Our camper sat on their main lot from 1-11-16 to 5-1-16 and they never even moved it from where we parked it. They pretty much told me that since we didn't buy from them, they wasn't fixing it. The 4th is known as the "Rot Lot" and seriously looks like a junk yard. I would rather just detour through Middlebury, IN on our way back to Missouri from Michigan and KNOW that the problem is fixed and fixed right.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7349 View Post

We purchased from Gillette RV in East Landsing, MI. They had good reviews for sales and service, and Jayco HQ said there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to fix it. I feel stuck between their little p*$$ing contest.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #15

I don't think Kevin exists, he did not return my calls either.Might send certified letter to the Pres. Good Luck
Old 05-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #16

We caught a dealer in Phoenix saying items were not approved.Called Jayco direct all warranty were approved. We think the dealers pick a choose what items they want to repair. Then just say other items were denied! Who's to know?
Old 05-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #17

I would start fresh with Jayco and not even ask for Kevin. And as far as Gillette RV goes reading the reviews on Yelp you are not alone with terrible warranty service or lack of. They probably don't have techs that can tackle the job and make a profit with the 12 hours Jayco allocated so they drag their feet hoping you go away. Is your trailer still in Michigan.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I don't think Kevin exists, he did not return my calls either.Might send certified letter to the Pres. Good Luck

I called back today and learned that Kevin is no longer with Jayco. I don't know why the other 3 people I've talked to in the warranty department in the last 2 weeks couldn't figure that out and take care of me, but when you start demanding to speak to the manager you are better taken care of. Ashley got in touch with Gillette and their service manager called me and explained that they had been trying to get in touch with Kevin as well. Unfortunately, my camper does have to go back to the factory and they won't be able to get it in before Memorial Day. I gave Ashley an earful about how my camper had been in Michigan since the 2nd week of February and it took Gillette until the 1st of May to decide they couldn't fix the #1 problem on the list! I apologized and told her I realized it wasn't her fault, but that we rent a permanent spot from April 1-Nov 1 and beside the 2 months of camping I had already missed out on, I was going to have to cancel my Memorial Day plans as well. They've jacked around so long now, my husband is busy in the field and can't take the 2 days off to pick it up anyway, so I guess I'll just sit at home and be an unhappy non-camper! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Old 05-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I would start fresh with Jayco and not even ask for Kevin. And as far as Gillette RV goes reading the reviews on Yelp you are not alone with terrible warranty service or lack of. They probably don't have techs that can tackle the job and make a profit with the 12 hours Jayco allocated so they drag their feet hoping you go away. Is your trailer still in Michigan.

Yes, it's still in Michigan. I just wish they would've told me in March when Jayco approved the work that they couldn't do it. We could've already had it taken care of. Now, it's the middle of May, and my husband (who works in the Ag business) is back in the field and can't just go get it. We got several inches of rain the 1st of May and were planning to pick up the 5th, but Kevin told us to wait until he told to Gillette. Now I'm stuck with no camper, and no rain in sight.