Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #1

Space in bedroom of 26BHS

Looking at the floorplan for the 26BHS is appears as though there is room between the end of the bed and the back of the entertainment center. Can any owners confirm if there is a gap between the end of the bed and this wall?

I am hoping to buy a longer mattress to put in there, as I am 6-04 and the rv queen is about 3" shorter than I am...

Thanks!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #2

I was in a 2014 Swift with the same floorplan (I'm told) yesterday and it did have a gap. I'm almost 6'3" and laid down on the short queen. I expect to be comfortable enough in the stock bed.
SailandPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #3

if you're looking at the 26BHS there is no gap. the 26BH has a gap. I'm over 6' tall and looked at the 26bhs and it was too tight for me. i just got delivery on my new 2015' 26bh and have intentions to swap out the factory queen with a longer residential one. you don't have that option to get a longer one with a 26bhs.
azdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #4

Thanks azdude... but that's not what I wanted to hear. The floorplan shows a gap, the 360 view on the website showed otherwise. That really bums me out... Might have to look at the 28BHBE. Still have the short bed, but at least my feet can overhang rather than jam into a wall...
Old 07-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #5

now that I think about it

I think I crossed-up some trailers in my head. Gotta ask the DW to recall which was 26BHS like.
SailandPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #6

I have a 26BHS. there is 78" between the headboard and entertainment center (just shy of a regular queen mattress. I plan on putting a piece of 3" thick foam up at the head board and shove the mattress all the way to the entertainment ctr so my feet don't trail off the bottom edge.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpolsin View Post
I have a 26BHS. there is 78" between the headboard and entertainment center (just shy of a regular queen mattress.
What year is yours? We are looking at getting a 15. I would probably just replace the entire mattress with a memory foam bed-in-a-box unless the factory mattress is pretty comfy. I can cut 2" off the foam and be satisfied!

I prefer this floorplan to the 28BHBE which is our #2 option if the BHS doesn't work. Hershey RV show cannot get here quick enough!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #8

i ordered a new 26bh and saw a 26bhs on the lot after i already placed my order. the 26bhs is a new model for 2015' (wasn't available on a 2014' model). i liked that model a lot when i saw it, but i'm 6' 1" and my head was touching the headboard and my feet were pressed up against the entertainment center. to me it was extremely cramped and very uncomfortable.im glad that i ordered my 26bh which i swapped out the mattress with a residential queen.
if you want a similar floor plan i would go with the 28bhbe. you can swap the factory mattress in it for a residential like i did and still have a little room to walk around the bed.
i know its not what you wanted to hear but its the truth.
if you can find a 26bhs in your area go and try it out for yourself.
good luck!
azdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
What year is yours? We are looking at getting a 15. I would probably just replace the entire mattress with a memory foam bed-in-a-box unless the factory mattress is pretty comfy. I can cut 2" off the foam and be satisfied!

I prefer this floorplan to the 28BHBE which is our #2 option if the BHS doesn't work. Hershey RV show cannot get here quick enough!!!
Mine is a 2008 model.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote