Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #1

speaker static and battery not charging?

Hi all, I searched around the forum and didn't find the info I was looking for. Sorry if this is somewhere else. If it is, please send me a link.

I have a '11 Jay Flight 19bh, which we bought in June, new from the dealer. We live in Cheyenne, WY and bought it in Pueblo, CO because it was a new unit (which Jayco doesn't make anymore) and the price was right. So after about a week of owning it, I noticed a weird static/bleed over sound coming through the exterior speaker near the door when just channel "a" is on inside. It has the stock Jensen AWM910 radio in it. The static "flip flops" as well when I put the speakers on "b" for outside, and the bleed over switches to the inside speaker. I isolated this to the "right" side regarding left-right balance. If the speakers are turned to "a+b", they sound pretty decent considering its all Chinese imported junk.

I e-mailed tech support at Jensen and the guy said it sounds like a bad ground. I replaced all the cheap factory connectors between the house wiring and at the speakers with high quality terminals. The problem is also intermittent, some days its gone, some days its terrible and everything in between.

I took it to my local shop who said they "couldn't reproduce the problem". I got the vibe they didn't want to deal with it because I didn't purchase it there even though they are a Jayco dealer. They told me to take it back to where I bought it and have that dealer chase the wires. So I went out and picked up the unit, walked in and turned on the radio. All I heard the the speaker was static. I don't think the dealer even looked at it.

So on thursday I get it home from the shop having it overnight and discover my battery is almost dead. Nothing is charging the battery. Shore-line powers all the 110 stuff like microwave and A/c, etc., but not battery. Also when plugged into my truck, the exterior lights work but nothing else. I checked the inverter per manual, it's getting 110 power and there is no 12 volt output. I've checked all the fuses and breakers and everything is okay. Is my inverter toast?

Sorry for the long winded explination, I just wanted to cover the situation of what's going on.

Thanks for the advice,

Eric
wyo7011 is offline   Reply With Quote