Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to WestTXmed
Spring checklist for me. Been away for a while!

Long story short.... I'm back in good ol' West Texas and ready to hitch up and pull that beautiful 303RKS to Palo Duro, Fredericksburg, the beach.... well, you get the picture.

Anyway, the RV has been sitting idle for about 2 years. I've kept it winterized and cleaned. I've also managed to keep the roof clean. Last year I sealed the front and rear roof seams with eternabond. That's it. That's all I've done.

So I made a list of things I'm going to be doing over the next couple of months to baby her back to life. Feel free to add any input, heads up, etc. It's already springtime in my head and I'm thrilled to be back in a place I love and can't wait to go camping!

1) inspect all plumbing connections. Shower, toilet, kitchen sink, bathroom sink.

2) reseal back of trailer

3) paint bumper

4) reseal bedroom windows

5) replace black tank valve.

6) wax

7) shampoo carpets

8) fix bathroom vent

9) inspect and clean roof.

10) reseal back kitchen Window

11) inspect and clean ac coils. Inspect ac roof seal. Check ac bolts.

12) inspect furnace. Inspect ignition area for debris.

13) inspect tires. Fading, cracking, etc.

14) bearings.

"Here fishy, fishy, fishy......" - Me

"Never take a laxative and an Ambien in the same night." - Dr. Dad

2009 Eagle Superlight 303RKS, Hensley Arrow, 4 sets of Bal stabilizers to make the wife happy, and 2 Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators. Towed by a 2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L.
WestTXmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #2

15) Order a Jayco Owners Forum sticker for that 303 RKS. That way if I am in Palo Duro the same time you are there, I will recognize you. Glad you are back, neighbor. We still need to plan a Roaring Springs trip this year for sure.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #3

When you inspect your tires, check the manufacture dates on them as well as for cracking, etc. If they are over 5 years old, consider replacing them no matter how good they look, for safety's sake. In case you don't know the date code system, find the tire serial number, and look at the last 4 digits. Of these last 4, the first two will be the week of manufacture, and the last two digits will be the year. For example, if the last 4 digits of serial number are 2609, that means manufacture in the 26th week of 2009, or the second week of July 2009. And one more thing, manufacturers put the main part of the serial number on both sides of the tire, but are only required to put the last four (date code) on one side. Hope this helps.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to WestTXmed
Thanks Tin. The tires are at LEAST 4.5 to 5 yrs old, but I will definitely check the codes. Another thing is that the TT hasn't moved for a long time, so the tire position hasn't either. Five years is my max for tires anyway.

Dan the man!

I'll order a sticker this week. Palo Duro for sure, but I don't have a membership to RS!

"Here fishy, fishy, fishy......" - Me

"Never take a laxative and an Ambien in the same night." - Dr. Dad

2009 Eagle Superlight 303RKS, Hensley Arrow, 4 sets of Bal stabilizers to make the wife happy, and 2 Yamaha EF2000is inverter generators. Towed by a 2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L.
WestTXmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTXmed View Post

Dan the man!

I'll order a sticker this week. Palo Duro for sure, but I don't have a membership to RS!
I will get with you at the RV show in February or somewhere else and we can work out a good date in April or May and you and the family can go in as a guest of ours....you may like RS so much, you will want to become a member....but there is certainly no obligation.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote