Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #1

Squeaky floor in new 330rsts

New eagle 330rsts has an annoying squeaky floor near kitchen island. Hope it is covered under warranty.
Dixrensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #2

Hi
I have same issue in our 2017 eagle ht 29.5bhds
Tg310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #3

Squeaky Flooring

Same in 16 Eagle 321RSTS!Jayco don't like to repair them,it requires replacing all the vinyl flooring.My base floor separated at seam from dinning table under island to the stove.I think Jayco allowed 40 hrs labor under warranty!Obviously they have a serous problem maybe to much frame flex.
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #4

Seems like they do. It's a little dissapointing in their quality control
Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #5

Our 2017 330RSTS had the same issue in the same place in the kitchen as well as in the bedroom between the bathroom wall and the bed frame. They not only "squeak" but visibly "flex" indicating poor or no support from underneath. Seems this floor plan (tt or 5th wheel), is prone to this issue. I was told that Jayco won't warranty "squeaky" floors but will if the floor is weak or flexing like ours was.

What I find odd is that both these areas in our TT are next to a floor register and also line up if you were to draw a line front to back. So I suspect that not only are there seams in the subfloor in these spots, but was also told by our dealer that Jayco probably cut away some of the under floor support in those areas to run the ductwork.

We got our trailer back a couple of weeks ago and the flexing is gone, but the squeaky floors still remain somewhat. We were told that they added "a bunch" of additional support under the floor, whatever that entails. The end result is that although the flexing is now mitigated, the floor squeaks a little in a couple of new spots that never squeaked before! I used to at least know where NOT to step early in the morning, but now it's a total crap shoot!!
Old 07-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #6

I have a squeaky floor in my 23RB, which is a "stick and tin" no slide model. it squeaks mostly between the dinette and galley. I wasn't expecting a squeak with a 5/8" tongue and groove plywood floor on top of a 2x3 stud subfloor.

Mine does not have any floor duct work.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 AM   #7

Hey blujay how did they fix it
Old 07-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #8

We have the same exact squeak sounds like the same spot, to us its not a big deal
what ever it is does not seam to compromise the integrity of the floor,but I cant see what's causing the Squeek just hear it and only when we walk in that area ..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg310 View Post
Hey blujay how did they fix it
For ours, they told me they had to add "a bunch of new bracing" but that was all they said and I didn't grill them about it since the issue of the soft spot/flexing seems to have been resolved at first glance. My guess is that they went thru the membrane underneath to access under the floor vs. peeling up the vinyl. Our trailer is at it's seasonal site right now so can't go take a look any closer at the moment and we really haven't had a chance to truly evaluate the repair properly, but we will next week. Thank goodness for the 2 year warranty because my biggest concern was that this issue was documented for any future issues that might arise from it should either the repair they did, not hold up/resolve the issue or that it re-occurs. In that instance, I would have some standing should I have to revisit this issue after the warranty is up.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #10

Sounds like you are on top of it
Ours was documented too and dealer said it's a winters job
Old 07-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #11

Our floor had an occasional squeak since new. I figured I didn't want to go thru the hassle of having the flooring pulled up and re-done. The hallway in the camper is like the hallway in our older house. In the middle of the night you just have to be a little more careful where you step to avoid the noise. Not at all a deal breaker for us. I still think its much better than most other comparable brands.

My good friend has a 2016 Grand Design and his floor squeaks too. His trailer was about 75% more expensive than mine (his is 5er, mine is only bumper pull though).
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to wilderness john Send a message via MSN to wilderness john
My floor squeek in that area of Kitchen & dinette would appear after a little time on a gravel camp site. I discovered that the jacks would settle unevenly and the squeek would begin. checking the jacks and giving the ones that were now a little "loose" a 1/4 or 1/2 turn would solve the problem. I have a 2016 23rb
wilderness john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #13

Jayco told me heating and cooling causes squeaky and not covered by warranty.
Dixrensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to wilderness john Send a message via MSN to wilderness john
I think that heat/cool could contribute also
wilderness john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #15

Red face

I have the same issue with our 334RBTS. Bad bad popping and squeaks between traithe axles, kitchen and island area. I had them stopped for few months. Removed the underbelly. Tightened the flooring screws with vise grips from the bottom. Then jammed door shims between frame and sub floor. After the next two trips or about 300 miles, it all came back. It's the frame twisting, not enough cross bracing in this area between the opposing slides. Jayco uses to tongue and groove plywood- who does this with a rig that will twist, flex, bounce down the highway. Other manufacturers have gone to a one sheet floor with few straight cut joints. Just like most, contacted Jayco directly and was told squeaks, floor pops are not covered even if due to design flaws or engineering disasters which is apparently what the root cause is. I'm pissed. There will be a new Grand Design sitting in the driveway soon. Good bye Jayco
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #16

Same here on my 2015 eagle fifth wheel. Dealer said took vents out from above and done something. But it's eliminated about 90% of squeak and ours was Also
around front of island
Dizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:24 AM   #17

2022 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 bhds FW

I have squeaking in the bathroom when I walk near the shower enclosure and some serious floor flexing next to the bed.
peterst66 is offline   Reply With Quote