Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #21

Additional lock considerations beyond doors and storage? How about like-keyed locks. Things to lock-down that come to mind include: propane tanks, batteries, spare tire, hitch, generators, bikes, BBQ. Bet I'm missing bunch of things!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Additional lock considerations beyond doors and storage? How about like-keyed locks. Things to lock-down that come to mind include: propane tanks, batteries, spare tire, hitch, generators, bikes, BBQ. Bet I'm missing bunch of things!
Heck, I'd be happy if I could get my doors and storage lockers all keyed the same. It would be super fantastic if I could then get that key to match various padlocks and my hitch-pin lock!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
I keep 2 cables and a package of locks with me. I lock my hitch, and when not there I lock up my grill, grill table, and the ladder I use to check the top of my slide.

Same key for all, it's pretty handy.

Bolt cutters would naturally defeat all this but it keeps the semi honest people away.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #24

Don't keep the family jewels in your storage bin. I don't have anything in there of any great monitary value. In aggragate it would cost me $300 or $400 to replace it all but who wants my tool kit or tote of extensions and extra coax? Best advice is to keep a clean camp and don't leave expensive stuff out in plain site. That doesn't just mean when you are gone but also while you are in your site. Don't leave valuable stuff out in plain sight when not activately using it. Bad guys have been known to troll thru a CG paying maybe a little more attention than normal to sites as they pass. Usually other campers in the park are not going to be bad guys [although there are exceptions] but non camper drive thrus may be shopping for your stuff. Bring them to the attention of rangers and if you see suspicious activity at a neighbor site, call the CG office and take a picture with your phone. Get a license plate if there is a vehicle involved.

Locking things up will act as a deterient against snatch and grab thieves but the real hard core "shoppers" will come prepared if you have something they want. I have been know to hide a trail cam to record anyone accessing my site. Won't stop them but can sure convict them.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #25

For trailers pulled through the winter mess to be delivered to the dealers, salt and road grime gets in them and corrodes them. Have them replaced with new ones under warranty. Then use the spray's mentioned. When we go looking, I am watching the build date. I want one built after all the roads have cleared up.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #26

I recently replaced the 751 storage locks with these replacements, which match my door key. These are for the newer "global link" keys:

Cam Lock CH751 Security Upgrade

Very easy to install and has the added benefit of extra keys as well.
jkorman is offline   Reply With Quote